X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMEDD Direct Commissioning Rank

Hey, I'm currently a practicing physical therapist and in the process of hopefully commissioning into the Army National Guard. I received my Doctor of physical therapy degree in 2009 (3 years of school) and I had aprox 3.5 years of expereience prior to completing packet. I was wondering if I would commission as a 1stLT or CPT in the National Guard. If so, what are the pro and cons of both? Prior to the National Guard, I was accepted in the Navy Reserve as an 0-3 (decided on the national guard because of better benefits) and even the active duty Army AMEDD recruiter instructed I would commission as an 0-3. My guard recruiter instructed me to type that I would commission as an 02 on my statement of interest letter and it could change to 03 depending on what the board states. Is this accurated information? My state board "interview" is less than 2 weeks away and I wanted to make sure that this is correct.

Thanks for you time.

Re: AMEDD Direct Commissioning Rank

Find the rules for grade determination in AR 135-100 and NGR 600-100. I recommend following your recruiter's guidance.

Comment

Be careful about going through the ranks too quickly.....if you get passed over twice for promotion, you will be retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
        Be careful about going through the ranks too quickly.....if you get passed over twice for promotion, you will be retired.
        You understand that AMEDD is an entirely different world, right?

Many practitioner roles are O-4 or O-5 slots.

The Army will find a way of retaining health care professionals with critical skills.

Comment

Working...
        X