X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinical Social Worker

I am 41 yo clinical social worker working for the VA and interested in joining the National Guard. I've looked at various posts and some seem to reference 35 as being the max age. Others have mentioned 42 being the max age for AMEDD. Just looking for a little direction. Does the Guard have need for clinical social workers? My specialty at the VA is working with combat related PTSD. Thank you

Re: Clinical Social Worker

Yes, I believe the age limit for AMEDD is before the age of 42. Here's some general information on the program and the different options: Health Care Officers.

It sounds like you have a very interesting and rewarding job! Let me say thank you for what you do to help those suffering from PTSD. To learn what the needs are in your state for your specialty, I would recommend speaking to a recruiter. Here's how to get in touch with one.

Comment

Contact MAJ HAMILTON at Bryan.s.hamilton@us.army.mil and mention my name.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
        Yes, I believe the age limit for AMEDD is before the age of 42.
        I had people in my OBLC class so old, they didn't have to take the PT test.

Comment

Thank you very much for replying.

Comment

I will contact MAJ Hamilton and mention your name. Thank you for the direction.

Comment

I think that there's only like 3 or 4 positions in the state for that. Don't be surprised if MAJ Hamilton says it's full up. You'd be working with some cool folks. Behavioral health rocks. We do a lot of suicide debriefings with BH.
              Last edited by Chaplain4me; February 7th, 2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

I would add, that social worker is usually on the critical wartime shortage list, meaning, if there is an opening, and you are a good candidate, your age really isn't going to be an issue...probably.

Comment

Working...
                X