X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Commission Medical Officer/Aviation Officer Question

I am a college senior pursuing a degree in Health Service Administration. In the Army, this position is eligible for Direct Commission and a 3 year commitment. My love is flying and I've been interested in Army aviation since I was very young. I understand to fly in the Army, one needs to go to BCT then OCS or WOCS and then on to flight school. My question is: if I accept the Direct Commission after I graduate from college and fulfill my 3 year commitment as a 70B (Health Administration Assistant), can I then transfer over to aviation (as an officer) and apply to flight school? Would it be more likely a scenario that I need to go "back through the ropes" starting with BCT and working my way up to the officer position I had before? Any insight is welcomed.

Re: Direct Commission Medical Officer/Aviation Officer Question

On active duty you would be able to compete/qualify for medevac pilot as a MS officer but you may want to research this for the NG/USAR.

Comment

Re: Direct Commission Medical Officer/Aviation Officer Question

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      On active duty you would be able to compete/qualify for medevac pilot as a MS officer but you may want to research this for the NG/USAR.
      Same thing in the Guard. Not every State has medevac pilot slots, and they don't necessarily have a vacancy when you need one.

Comment

Working...
      X