Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have been commissioned as an AMEDD officer (reserved), but I am going to 1st Battalion 311th Regim

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been commissioned as an AMEDD officer (reserved), but I am going to 1st Battalion 311th Regim

Do any of you guys know if I still be going to AMEDD or 4th Cavalry Training?

Thanks in advance!

Re: I have been commissioned as an AMEDD officer (reserved), but I am going to 1st Battalion 311th R

What is your MOS?

Comment

Re: I have been commissioned as an AMEDD officer (reserved), but I am going to 1st Battalion 311th R

You're an AMEDD officer, you go to AMEDD BOLC. Med Bn's aren't the only units with medical assets.

Comment

Health Care Administrator.

Comment

My recruiter told me that most likely I'll attend their MOS and not Medical. Which can be more exciting. But just want to get my mind prepare.

Comment

Originally posted by dilawari View Post
            My recruiter told me that most likely I'll attend their MOS and not Medical. Which can be more exciting. But just want to get my mind prepare.
            If you direct commish under a specific branch and AOC, you will go to that training. Look at your contract. Remember that officers do not have MOS, they have branches. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by dilawari View Post
              No.

You are a 70B, which is the starting path for the 70 series officers (a platoon leader). It's not even really an AOC as far as AMEDD is concerned, but you will get an AOC by attending an AOC school like 70F, or 70H if you want to promote to major. It's required later on, after captains career course.

Sorry, but you are just support for them. You are an outlier. More than likely you'll be in a med company, or a med platoon in one of their other fun units. Welcome to the Med. And if you make it to the day promotion to Major is coming up, try to be in a med unit, be it a CSH, Bn, or whatever.

Comment

Is english a first language?

Comment

Yes and no -- does it makes a different?

Comment

Working...
                  X