Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meps dental consultant help

Hi all,
    When I went to meps I passed everything pretty well minus my dental. I have a good number of cavities(lack of dental insurance) the cavities do not stop me from eating and I'm in no pain. I was told that meps will contact my recruiter to have a dental consultant look at my teeth. I was wondering if anyone could give me more information on this like how long it would take? and maybe the process of this? My recruiter was unsure of this process. It's been about 4 almost five months since I was at meps and I check with my recruiter once a month to see if she has heard anything but I have yet to gain a response from meps. Should I try to just go for a wavier? Or just keep waiting? Any help would be great.

Re: Meps dental consultant help

Can you perhaps go to a civilian dentist and get an assessment? Then have your recruiter submit the report to MEPS? In my area, that's maybe $100-$150 out of pocket. With the amount of time you are waiting for MEPS to get back to you, you'll likely be able to save up for that cost. I don't know much about how dental procedures are handled through MEPS, so I'm just offering a suggestion here.

Comment

Yea that is something I'm currently trying thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeburba28 View Post
        Yea that is something I'm currently trying thanks for the suggestion.
        OK, great! One thing to note is that if your cavities are pretty bad, you may have to get them taken care of before you are allowed leave for training. Just something to keep in mind as you get your teeth assessed.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

So I'm just gonna post on here seeing how its about dental. does it matter if you have your wisdon teeth still and leaving for basic soon? they were supposed to be out about a year ago. thanks.

Comment

From my understanding, it comes down to how your wisdom teeth are affecting your dental health. More specifically, are they causing you pain or interfering (or will interfere) with your other teeth. I'm not a dentist, so I dare not say more than refer to an expert on this one!

Comment

Working...
              X