X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on PA program

I am currently in the Guard as a 12A. I have been talking to a few people about going to Physician assistant school and have gotten very vague information. I have heard you can go to a public accredited PA program and the guard will pay you active duty pay and was wondering if anyone could give me more information on this program. I have looked into the IPAP program, but have heard that it is almost impossible for Guard members to get in, that was from my states Medical recruiter. I am currently getting ready to deploy in about 3 weeks and want to get this all ironed out before I get back so I know which direction I need to go. I am currently in the Texas Guard, but would like to, possibly, eventually transfer to Arkansas. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jayleep; October 10th, 2012, 03:40 PM.

Re: Question on PA (Physician Assitant) program

The National Guard did have a program like this. I'm not sure if it is still funded for PA's. I knew a PA student in this program. She was commissioned as a 2LT (MSC) and assisgned to the State Medical Detatchment where she was required to drill monthly. She was receiving active duty pay and benefits while attending a civilian PA school. That was 2 years ago. It was for PAs, physicians, and dentists. Student status makes you non-deployable while you are in school, too.

Talk to your state AMEDD recruiter to see if that program still is available.

Comment

That particular avenue is no longer offered. IPAP is possible for Guardsmen if your state is willing to give you a PA slot...that tends to be the biggest road block generally.

Comment

So I just found out I'm on the Alternate list at like the 6th position on the OML...Does anyone know probabilities of my attending or the realistic necessity to begin resubmitting my packet?

Comment

Working...
        X