X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Therapy Assistant Program

In order to become a physical therapy assistant in my state, you need a license. In order to get a license, you need to have graduated from an accredited program. I was wondering will the AIT training you get in the national guard count as an accredited program or will I still have to take some college credits? If I have to take college credits, how do I go about doing the bridge program.... I read somewhere that I would have to be active duty and service as a PTA for at least 3 months or whatever.... ??

Re: Physical Therapy Assistant Program

The N9 Course is around 27 weeks in length and includes both classroom and a practical phase. It's a particularly rare MOS, and you should feel fortunate (particularly in the Guard) to get it. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the certification question with any validity.

Comment

Originally posted by eld07 View Post
      In order to become a physical therapy assistant in my state, you need a license. In order to get a license, you need to have graduated from an accredited program. I was wondering will the AIT training you get in the national guard count as an accredited program or will I still have to take some college credits? If I have to take college credits, how do I go about doing the bridge program.... I read somewhere that I would have to be active duty and service as a PTA for at least 3 months or whatever.... ??
      What little I know is that if the state accepts the AIT program there is the matter of testing and fieldwork certification, and this can change from state to state. Ultimately, you'll will need to check with the state’s licensure board on PTA and their requirements. Hope this is at least a little helpful. Congrats on the opportunity!

Comment

Thank you for your answers

Comment

You're welcome! Keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
          X