Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72D Environmental Science Officer NM National Guard

Hello everyone,
    Yesterday, I took the oath and formally inducted in the NM National Guard as 2LT, 72D Environmental Science Officer.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in this forum for their help and support.

Thanks,
    indradahal

Re: 72D Environmental Science Officer NM National Guard

Originally posted by indradahal View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Yesterday, I took the oath and formally inducted in the NM National Guard as 2LT, 72D Environmental Science Officer.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in this forum for their help and support.

Thanks,
    indradahal
    Glad to hear you found some help on here! Good luck with your training! Here's what you can expect: What to expect at BCT

EDIT: BCT is not a requirement if an applicant commissions DIRECTLY into the National Guard as the OP has. O9S applicants will still attend BCT.
    Last edited by RyCass; October 8th, 2012, 10:51 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
      Glad to hear you found some help on here! Good luck with your training! Here's what you can expect: What to expect at BCT
      RyCass, indradahal shouldn't expect anything related to BCT because he won't be attending it. He will attend BOLC because he is a direct commission officer.

Comment

Try to not attend OBLC (now referred to as BOLC) during the summer. January-February..good. October-November...real good. July-August....very bad.

Comment

Originally posted by rat4spd View Post
          Try to not attend OBLC (now referred to as BOLC) during the summer. January-February..good. October-November...real good. July-August....very bad.
          Rat4spd, I am scheduled to go next month but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my BOLC phase 1 done. So frustrating. AKO sucks.

Comment

I wish I could help, but it wasn't required when I went. I'm not familiar with how that has been set up. Good luck. This is a very good time of year to be in San Antonio. If you have questions of what OBC will be like, I may have some relevant information. The course is somewhat unchanged since I attended from what I have heard. I will however be going offline in the next couple of weeks. Circumstance has brought my time in the Guard to an end, and Ill be moving on.

Comment

I wish I could help, but it wasn't required when I went. I'm not familiar with how that has been set up. Good luck. This is a very good time of year to be in San Antonio. If you have questions of what OBC will be like, I may have some relevant information. The course is somewhat unchanged since I attended from what I have heard. I will however be going offline in the next couple of weeks. Circumstance has brought my time in the Guard to an end, and Ill be moving on.
              Sad to see a good soldier go. I almost left the guard too because the NAVY had a great offer for me to go active as an Industrial Hygiene officer. I decided not to go that path because I got a very good federal job and my wife doesn't want to live the Active Duty life anymore.

Comment

Thanks. It wasn't the plan I had, but it was amicable, and the best decision. The Nav would've been good as well.

Comment

I wish you the best rat4spd. You've been our go-to AMEDD guy for quite a while on these forums. Someone's going to have to fill your shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                    I wish you the best rat4spd. You've been our go-to AMEDD guy for quite a while on these forums. Someone's going to have to fill your shoes.
                    Thanks as well.

iObserve: I don't remember if I've mentioned in a previous thread, but start asking your unit to request funding for 6A-F5 (Principles of Military Preventive Medicine). You will need it in the future (unofficially, but it may as well be official).

Comment

Originally posted by iObserve View Post
                      RyCass, indradahal shouldn't expect anything related to BCT because he won't be attending it. He will attend BOLC because he is a direct commission officer.
                      Ha! I just re-read the original post. Thanks for pointing that out, iObserve. ATD, right? I apologize if there was any confusion. Commissioning directly into the National Guard means no BCT for you OP.

Congratulations, again, on your commissioning!

Comment

No worries!

Comment

Welcome aboard LT!

Comment

Thanks as well.

iObserve: I don't remember if I've mentioned in a previous thread, but start asking your unit to request funding for 6A-F5 (Principles of Military Preventive Medicine). You will need it in the future (unofficially, but it may as well be official).
                            I graduate BOLC in two days. I am registered for 6A-F5 phase 1 but my phase 2 was kicked back due to some DTS issues. It's my understanding that they're resolved now so I will have my training NCO attempt to get me registered for next year. I am in the middle of an IST so I may have to wait until I get to my new unit to get registered for phase 2.

Comment

Originally posted by iObserve View Post
                              I graduate BOLC in two days. I am registered for 6A-F5 phase 1 but my phase 2 was kicked back due to some DTS issues. It's my understanding that they're resolved now so I will have my training NCO attempt to get me registered for next year. I am in the middle of an IST so I may have to wait until I get to my new unit to get registered for phase 2.
                              Cross your fingers that your new state has the funds. Do you realize that by doing the RC 6A-F5, you have two separate two week blocks you have to attend during consecutive active component 6A-F5 classes? Class 01, you do the 2 week environmental health block with just the 72D's. Then you come back like 2 or 3 months later with class 02 to do the last two weeks of the course which lead up to the 3 days of FTX's.

Comment

Working...
                              X