X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Looking to Appoint in the guard

So I have been working with a recruiter for medical folks and notice he/she is the only one doing the processing in the state. I have met with him/her a couple times (nice folk too) and his/her phone rings off the hook (which they silence, thank god) and seems like he/she have a lot to do, the forms/processes are a p-i-t-a and is taking about 4 months so far. They say there is only one them and have a large territory to cover. What gives?

Re: PA Looking to Appoint in the guard

Funding. Unqualified individuals. Huge influx of civilians wanting to join. (You can write either He or She, I promise we won't know who you're talking about ) They might have additional duties. They probably are not the hold up with your packet.

Comment

Re: PA Looking to Appoint in the guard

I don't know the average for time for a PA entering the guard but it took me over a year from the start of my packet to commissioning. I was prior service though so that slowed me down some. I think some of the added time needed is that they have to verify all the extra medical issues like certification, licensing, DEA, malpractice, etc. At the end of the packet they have to coordinate both DCA and Federal Recognition boards as well. My state only has one full time Special Branch recruiter also and I don't know how he is able to keep everything squared away. It's a very thorough and long process but hang in there.

Comment

Working...
      X