X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New regulations for special pay and HLRP

Hi all. I am a physician assistant who is in the process of joining the ANG. My packet is complete and I should hopefully be up for the FedRec board this month. My recruiter just informed me that the new regs for the special pay bonus state that you can't even apply for it and have it in your contract until you've completed BOLC. Has anyone else heard of this or know of where I can look at the regulations to verify if this is true?

Thanks

Re: New regulations for special pay and HLRP

The document that controls these incentives is the Selected Reserve Incentives Program (SRIP) guidance. Finding the latest version yourself might be a trick. It's not secret, but it's not published widely either. Your AMEDD recruiter will have one. I must warn you, however, for the uninitiated it's a very daunting document. The vast majority of it will be irrelevant to you, and the AMEDD section will make your head spin. I recommend that you invite your recruiter out for coffee, and ask her to show you in the SRIP what affects you and how.

Comment

thank you for your reply. That is good advise and I think I will have a sit down with my recruiter. Unfortunately at that time he wasn't real clear on the new regs either so we might have to work through them together

Comment

Originally posted by hurricane View Post
        Hi all. I am a physician assistant who is in the process of joining the ANG. My packet is complete and I should hopefully be up for the FedRec board this month. My recruiter just informed me that the new regs for the special pay bonus state that you can't even apply for it and have it in your contract until you've completed BOLC. Has anyone else heard of this or know of where I can look at the regulations to verify if this is true?

Thanks
        Fiscal Year 2012-2013 Army National Guard Army Medical department (AMEDD) Officer Incentives Policy came out this month and it states:
        "HPLRP and special pay may be contracted for at the same time following USAREC boarding for initial appointment.
        However, payments and the payback time will be consecutive. The healthcare professionals will sign a USAREC 1252 at the time of accession. The officer will receive HPLRP first followed by special pay. Note: The special pay contract will not be effective until the HPLRP contract has been fulfilled and the officer has met the BOLC completion requirement. Both contracts, with the USAREC 1252, will be submitted to NGB for processing at the time of accession."
        Last edited by RyCass; July 9th, 2012, 08:26 AM. Reason: minor formatting error

Comment

Being new to the Ky NG I too had to wait to get my PA bonus until after BOLC. Make sure you get with your recruiter after BOLC and he/she will be able to help you complete the paperwork. Stay on top of it though, I had to ask my recruiter for the packet. He was not too concerned if I filled it out or not. I joined in Sept 2011 and completed BOLC in March 2012. Still no bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Orthopa View Post
            Being new to the Ky NG I too had to wait to get my PA bonus until after BOLC. Make sure you get with your recruiter after BOLC and he/she will be able to help you complete the paperwork. Stay on top of it though, I had to ask my recruiter for the packet. He was not too concerned if I filled it out or not. I joined in Sept 2011 and completed BOLC in March 2012. Still no bonus.
            I agree with this ideA AND I wish to become a helicopter pilot who performs missions in combat.

Comment

As an update to my thread. I was just commissioned as a physician assistant this month and there seems to be a new change to the regulations. Per my recruiter, it is no longer a requirement to finish BOLC prior to receiving the special pay bonus.

Comment

Got a question. I am a physician assistant and have 19 years in and just finished my iPap commitment and should be able to apply for the retention pay the 20000 a year for 3 years but a recruiter told me since I have almost 20 years I can not get it. I am also getting ready for deployment and should be able to get professional pay and specialty pay while deployed. If anyone could help me and let me know the regs about the bonus, pro pay, specialty pay it would help. Also I have only been officer for 6 years so will have to do 4 more years anyway to retire as officer . And without bonuses that I have been looking forward to it will not be as fun. Also since I am term as gs employee and deployment will last longer than my term position I may not have a job when I return unless I can get perm position before I leave any help will be greatly appeciated. Thanks again.
                Last edited by Rxcowby; September 15th, 2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I am taking this directly off the NGB PPT slides during an AMEDD Incentives Brief I attended less than 5 weeks ago.

SPECIAL PAY:
                  1, 2 or 3 years: Contract amount varies
                  $15K-$25K/yr: MC and DC specialty on the CWSL and 73B (except 60W)
                  $10K-$20K/yr: 65D, 66P, 60W and 73A
                  $5K-$10K/yr: 65B
                  $5K/yr: 67J (must have completed flight school and medevac course)
                  For officers up to 19 yrs commissioned service (provided specialty remains on Critical Wartime Shortage List)**:
                  Officers obligation end date cannot exceed 20 years of commissioned service
                  All contracts are for a max of 3 years per contract

You state you only have 6 YEARS of COMMISSIONED service, which makes you eligible for Special Pay. (The other 13 years was enlisted and not credited towards the special pay 19 year cap).

Comment

Working...
                  X