X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotc-->ipap-->pa

Are there any PAs that can shed some light on the prospect of becoming a PA? If I commissioned through ROTC (Which I am currently pursuing) and branched into the Medical Service Corps, which I believe is a transition branch before going into medical fields as an officer, would it matter what my Bachelor's degree is in, i.e. Criminal Justice? Also, I've read the minimum requirements through the USAREC site but what what are the baseline performance standards to be competitive into admission into IPAP? Also, what are the differences between branching PA into the Reserve component and Active Duty besides the obvious? Thanks

Re: Rotc-->ipap-->pa

Hopefully someone with more specific experience to your question can answer, but I just wanted to say that IPAP is top notch training. As a doc, I've worked with a good few PAs both National Guard and Civilian, and I found the IPAP grads to be the best of the PAs I've met.

IPAP has traditionally been very competitive, but one (or two?) years ago, I heard they had a big drop in applicants. If it's anything like other military training courses, there's probably radically different application numbers from one year to the next.

Sorry, I know this isn't what you're looking for, but if you're looking to be a military provider operating independently, I can't imagine you'll get PA training anywhere else that comes close to IPAP. Prepare to get worked, though...

Comment

Working...
    X