X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65B - Physical Therapist

I'm getting ready to ship off to basic and then a short AIT so as to get full coverage to finish my BS and participate in ROTC. My end goal is to get either my MPT or DPT. Can National Guardsmen be assigned the 65B MOS?

I am aware of the Baylor program, but I'm not entirely sure that I want to go that route. And looking at the Medical Professional Officers page on this site, I did not notice anything about Physical Therapists being included in that program.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: 65B - Physical Therapist

I realize this is a year late, but for the interest of future readers: The National Guard has no physical therepist slots. A number of years ago (sometime in the early to mid 1990s) there was a large force restructuring that essentially placed the vast majority of army medical assets under Army Reserve control. Good news is, if you become a DPT, you could commission into the Army Reserve.

Comment

There are Physical Therapists in the National Guard, but currently all 32 slots (total in the country) are filled.

Comment

I stand corrected. I wasn't aware there were any at all. Although, as I mentioned in the other post where I made the same faux pas, they make up .008% of our total force.

Comment

Working...
        X