X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper School and Jump School

Im a 12n about to ship to bct soon. When I finish my training I would like to try to go to sniper school and jump school. Since Im not a combat mos what are my chances of being able to go?

Your chances of going to Sniper School as an 12N are 0%. See requirements below:

Soldiers must be on Active duty or in the Reserve / National Guard Components. Must possess MOS 11B, 19D or 18 series in the rank of E3 through E6.
    ASI B4 will only be awarded to Soldiers possessing MOS 11B.
    Must have a good performance record with no history of alcohol or drug abuse.
    Must be a volunteer and have a signed letter of recommendation from their Battalion Commander.
    Must at a minimum possess a physical profile of 111221.
    Must have a current (within the last 12 months) periodic health assessment or physical examination.
    Must have 20/20 correctable vision and have normal color vision annotated on physical exam.
    Must have passed an APFT with a minimum of 70 points in each event within 30 days prior to the start of the course and have DA Form 705.
    Must meet height and weight standards of AR 600-9 "The Army Weight Control Program" at the time of in-processing.
    Must pass psychological evaluation (MMPI/CPI) conducted under the direction of a qualified Psychologist with in one year of assigned class date.
    Must have a GT score of 100 or higher.
    Must qualify expert with the M4 Rifle within six (6) months of course attendance.
    Must possess a JPAS verified Secret or interim Secret security clearance.

As for Airborne School that will depend on your state/unit/chain of command. If you are not currently assigned to an Airborne unit or even have one in your state, then it would be a slim chance.

Comment

Working...
    X