X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCS/WOCS Admission for Previously Disenrolled Applicant

If a Soldier was disenrolled from Officer Candidate Training, is that Soldier barred from attending OCS or WOCS in the future? I was looking through AR 350-51 (11 June 2001), and section 1-5 j. says that all applicants must not have been previously disenrolled from Officer Candidate Training. However, later in the same regulation, in section 4-8 (3) b. it says applicants may reapply one year after withdrawal. Do you know what rules apply to the Guard? 1-5 k. says all applicants must be enrolled by age 30, and I understand the Guard commissioning ceiling is 42.

Does WOCS have similar rules for admission? I have not been able to find a regulation to the effect, but on another forum, it was suggested that a Soldier who failed Federal OCS would not be eligible for WOCS, since the OCS failure was recorded in ATTRS. That situation was for Active Duty, so perhaps the rules are different.

Thank you.

I DORed after 6 months of attending a traditional OCS program and then was selected for WOCS seven years later. I have been a Chief for nearly six years now. As long as you were not dis-enrolled for cheating, attempting to beat up a TAC, failed due to lack of leadership potential or anything immoral at the time, then you should be good to go. I would see no problem if your reason was a DOR (drop on request). I even attended MSII at a ROTC program at John Jay college back in the 80s. My former company commander flunked (or dropped) out of West Point. Her uncle was a AD Marine Corps two-star at the time. She later went the OCS route and commissioned. So, if you have the ambition to serve as an officer and do not complete one route for whatever reason, there are possibilities of second chances.

BTW, my Guard OCS shows in my ATTRS record and I was selected for AD WOCS and it had no bearing.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; January 1st, 2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

The circumstances and your duty status at the time will bear on this problem, as will the current policy letters from NGB and your local State. I've been out of the game too long, I can't speak to the details of current policy at that level of detail. I recommend that you engage with your State's OSM, because in a situation such as yours the finer points of detail often have significant bearing.

Comment

Thank you for the information, gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
        X