Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I run faster and drop 3 minutes off of my 2 miles.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I run faster and drop 3 minutes off of my 2 miles.

I do 1 mile in 8:20 and I do 2 miles in 19 minutes even. I really need to get my 2 mile time DOWN!!! I do 60/120's and I run 2-3 miles and I switch between the 2 every other day and I rest Sunday's. Whatever I do, I just don't seem to get faster. When I finish my 2 miles I have usually threw up once or twice during and once after the run. I stay hydrated, but my breathing just goes crazy! What can I do to drop the time?

Looking forward to your suggestions!

The only way to get your run time down is to run more. I recommend you also start incorporating longer runs, up to 6 miles. You may also want to add sprints in your work-out regime.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; January 14th, 2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

60/120s are too short; you need to stretch that into 400s and 800s on your sprint days.

Comment

I am also working on my mile times and the best advice is to control your breathing as best as possible, for me its breathing in and out of my nose. If when running I start to breath out of my mouth I tend to use shorter breaths and once the lungs fill with carbon dioxide you tend to slow down. and as far as throwing up goes that is not good maybe your pushing yourself to fast to quick. rule to follow would be add a mile per week or a few mph a week let your body adjust and you should be fine. 60/120's work great but I usually do 3min jogging and 2min walking than once that gets easy Ill bump up the jogging and lower the walking. stick with it and it will get better and try to control your breathing better or you will be limited.

Comment

• Jersey Dirtbag
          Jersey Dirtbag commented
          Editing a comment
          Just stop. Please.

OP: Listen to SF Hunter. Longer, slower runs will help you get used to running in general.

I used to run track in high school and it was for the saftey of the runner to ease into thing cause if not you could possibly get a stress fracture if running on pavement. So don't jump to more miles to quick if your body is not used to it. But if he wants go, ahead and have the chance of getting a stress fracture and be stuck,not running for a few weeks. Good advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kneedragger25 View Post
          I used to run track in high school and it was for the saftey of the runner to ease into thing cause if not you could possibly get a stress fracture if running on pavement. So don't jump to more miles to quick if your body is not used to it. But if he wants go, ahead and have the chance of getting a stress fracture and be stuck,not running for a few weeks. Good advice.
          Would you recommend vaping as a supplement to breathing out of his nose?

Comment

lol @ enceladus. Written words will follow you on the internet. Buyer beware lol

Comment

Working...
            X