X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical fitness

I am currently able to run a mile under 6:30, do 20 push ups, and do 40 sit ups. I leave for bct next month. Am i fit enough to start?

Originally posted by ricardorayas6 View Post
    I am currently able to run a mile under 6:30, do 20 push ups, and do 40 sit ups. I leave for bct next month. Am i fit enough to start?
    I keep hearing (my recruiter and NG Twitter) that there is no initial fitness test in reception so you're good to go. And you sound like you're more squared away than most, physically. You're run is particularly impressive!

Comment

Thank you. I know that I have some work to do with my upper body, but I'll work on it.

Comment

I just got back from Fort leonardwood Missouri and trust me you will do enough PT to pass your test, Your first PT test when you get their wont count, they will put you with people that do the same run as you. Its really good training. but you will be bored out of your mind while your their. Good luck and always have a battle buddy and never say thank you lol. and always say Drill Sgt

Comment

Haha, I will keep all that into consideration. I'll be at fort sill for 19 weeks, so hopefully it's not too boring.

Comment

Its easy they have you run and then you yump over blocks and then you up to a 2story building stair u go up and down the stair then you get out the building and there will be some dumb bells hat you have to carry
            Last edited by SF Hunter; December 3rd, 2013, 11:29 AM. Reason: Spam link

Comment

Your fitness is decent. You will do fine. Your drill sergeants will get you where you need to be physically. At the start of my bct we had recruits who couldn't do 10 push-ups. By the end they pushed 60 through. BCT is a dramatic physical experience that will mold you and push you to new heights. Enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
              X