X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT Requirements and Fitness Questions

Yesterday I visited a Guard Drill in Russelville, Arkansas. I ran a mile in 8:03, got 28 push ups in a minute, and 27 sit ups in a minute. I'm 5'10", but I weigh 120 pounds.

So I know I passed the mile requirement. My question is mainly about what amount of push ups and sit ups I would need to get to complete the 1-1-1.

For one, I did go pretty slow on the sit ups, due to soreness from a run the previous day. So I know I need to pick up the pace there.
    For two, I would have done more push ups, but about 30-40 seconds in, my arms gave out.

Also, what are some tips for gaining muscle weight? As far as I know, I need to gain 12 pounds to meet the minimum requirement. But I want that weight to be muscle and not fat, as much as possible.

SO basically, I need some tips on improving my running time, how to get in more sit ups and push ups, and how to gain muscle weight.

Re: PT Requirements and Fitness Questions

You can do all the research, and take all the tips from "the pros" you want. The best way to get good at something, is to practice doing it. So do push ups and sit ups at home. Try to raise your max by one rep once a week, and you'll be fine by the completion of BCT.

As far as gaining weight. Go pump some iron, and while you can't take it during BCT, maybe some protein shakes or creatine. Don't go too heavy on them though.

Comment

Re: PT Requirements and Fitness Questions

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
      You can do all the research, and take all the tips from "the pros" you want. The best way to get good at something, is to practice doing it. So do push ups and sit ups at home. Try to raise your max by one rep once a week, and you'll be fine by the completion of BCT.

As far as gaining weight. Go pump some iron, and while you can't take it during BCT, maybe some protein shakes or creatine. Don't go too heavy on them though.
      Thanks for the info Zero.

Comment

Hey,, Soulaire
        Your post is really inspiring for the people who used to do lots of works and struggling to loose there bulks of pounds,, considering me I'm glad to read your post plus I would suggest you that in order to improve your running time try to increase the no. of miles you run like if initially you are running for 10 miles continue it for five days or a week then after that increase it with 1 or 2 miles within the same period of time like wise in the same manner,, the same thing you can apply to sit ups and push ups, and regarding muscle gain then try out some healthy and nutrition diet like eating lots fruits, shakes, nuts, milk etc
        I hope my suggestion help you,,
        Manuka honey
        Last edited by neriyenpoole; November 6th, 2013, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X