X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully recuit needs help

I need help with any workouts you might have. Im 5'10" 275lbs... i was told by an army recruiter that i make MEPS standards by taping.. i only need to lose 2-3 inches off mid section. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am very motivated and determined to make this happen. Thank you in advance

Re: Hopefully recuit needs help

275 @ 5'10'.... OP, I hope to heck you are one serious lifter.

Comment

Not that I am the best person suited but the advice that I have seen posted here is just do strength training on your legs long jogs for one day, sprints and leg work outs the next and alternate and do many push up and many sit ups as this is what you will need to complete APFT and dont forget to change your eating habits a bit and drop your junk food and sweets which is what I did and continue doing so far and I am down about 15lbs but dang man you are an inch or two taller and you got about 90 pounds on me I dont think thats right for your height I estimated my height at 5'9 and my recruiter told me my max is 186 last time I weighted myself I was at 183 and BF was at 19% but then again your frame might be bigger than mine anywho just stick to basics jog as much as you can I'll give you what I do I do about 2 to 3 jogging for 3 or 4 days depending on pain the legs and I also do hikes on desert hills since I am in Az with 40 pounds on me and I also do about 60 push ups and about 40 sit ups too the same 3 or 4 days and rest one and just watch what I eat and how much I eat and I have dropped all junk food, take out, soda and sweet drinks and I take proteing shakes

Comment

would running with additional weight help with running time. right now i do 2 miles in 19 mins flat. I want that down to like 14 mins. My recruiter told me to stop lifting weights because thats usually what i do; and to focus on cardio..... I already cut sweets, junk, and sodas out but is there any special diets you recommend?

Comment

Run sprints/intervals to gain speed. Running with additional weight can help too if your knees can take the pounding.

Comment

Originally posted by hp713 View Post
            would running with additional weight help with running time. right now i do 2 miles in 19 mins flat. I want that down to like 14 mins. My recruiter told me to stop lifting weights because thats usually what i do; and to focus on cardio..... I already cut sweets, junk, and sodas out but is there any special diets you recommend?
            You've got the basics. In terms of weights, do a lot of reps with low weights.... plus cardio, cardio, cardio. If you have access to a pool, swimming is a great alternate day activity so you don't get bored with running.

Comment

Alternate between the street and an elliptical.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                Alternate between the street and an elliptical.
                +1, I use the elliptical for the speed training & pound the pavement for the long runs.

Comment

I didn't mean running with the weight just do a really long walk, the reason I am doing this is because my brother just completed training and he told me you do a few walks with the pack and all the gear which amounts to about 50 or 60 lbs or more I can't recall so I am just trying to get accustomed to it but if you can take the running then by all means and when it comes down to diets to be honest I am no good, what I did is what I told you cutting the junk food and sugary drinks and just watched my portions and what I ate tried to stay away from greasy foods as much as I could tried to throw in veggies with everything as snacks too and lots of fruits and well also watched my portions and tried to keep continues on eating like every 2 or 3 hours to boost my metabolism even if was a few baby carrots, grapes, apple , orange, celery cucumbers things like that

Comment

Working...
                  X