X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• push ups

This may sound stupid to some, but I am having dificulty with my proper form in doing push ups. I am female and have always done knee down "girl" push ups. I have had no trouble, however when I go to do normal ones i can't support my self and struggle. Is there something I am doing wrong with my form maybe? Is there a link or something that outlines the exact form I should be using for PT tests? Thanks!

Re: push ups

Go to you tube dot com and search for videos. Here is one that I inserted for you.

Comment

Re: push ups

Thank You!!! These are very helpful!!! now off to do some pushups!!

Comment

To do pushups effectively you need to keep your body stiff and straight. Apart from this take in breathe when you are going down and breathe out when you are up. Your elbows should be at an angle of 45 degree from your sides. I wish this will help you in doing pushups in an efficient manner as I used to do pushups like this way only.

Comment

If you can't support yourself, it may be a question of not being strong enough? If so, gradually ramp up knee-down push ups until you can do a whole bunch of them. I'm not laughing, doing knee down push ups right can be really tough and great way to build up strength for regular push ups. And try adding in doing planks, that will help with maintaining form when doing the push ups.
          Last edited by cunhaefc; March 12th, 2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X