X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Pre-Basic Workout? 20yr old Female

Hey everyone, just as some background I just recently turned 20, am 5 ft 6 inches and usually weigh between 140 and 145 pounds. i have jever trained, or really worked out. But my goal isn't necessarily to lose weight as much as to help me get fit and as prepped as possible before Basic. I have almost 3 months before I go, so I might as well make the most of it. I am generally pretty good with portion control as I have lost 35-40 pounds with it in the past couple years, and I know I need to limit my sweets/soda and etc intake AND DRINK MORE WATER! Lol

I would like to hear some suggestions as to what exercises I can do that do not require the use of a gym (although i plan on renewing an old gym membership nice I can afford it lol - especially after reading some and seeing suggestions about running for awhile and then trading off with the elliptical for 4 days or so).

I currently have been working on my running, (after never trying before, i ran my 1st RSP 2 mile in like 21 min, i think) so I have going about 2.5 miles every day/ every other day; varying between a walk/run/jog. I also know I don't get close enough to the ground with my push-ups, and i have been working on my sit-ups as well. (Not as much as I should though.) And I have started doing squats more as well.

Now I wouldn't mind losing weight and being more "trim" - but I would rather replace weight for muscle, which leads me to ask, what kind of weight training can I do until I can get a gym membership?

Re: Good Pre-Basic Workout? 20yr old Female

Originally posted by RedLady View Post
    what kind of weight training can I do until I can get a gym membership?
    What kind of weights do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
      What kind of weights do you have?
      None yet, I am going to get some, but until then I am going to have to stick with alternate ways, or use household items and etc lol

Comment

^bump to make sure I don't get forgotten lol

Comment

Originally posted by RedLady View Post
          None yet, I am going to get some, but until then I am going to have to stick with alternate ways, or use household items and etc lol
          You can get a pack of resistance bands from Walmart or something like that for $10. Otherwise, if you can work outside, you can use larger rocks. It would suck, but if you don't have anything else, it would work. You can also look for weights in the classifieds or on Craigslist. You might be able to find some for cheap or even free.

Comment

Get a pull-up bar; Do push ups, pull ups, sit ups, and run.

Comment

Working...
            X