X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Weight

Hi i am a female looking to enroll in national guard but wondering of some ideas on how to lose weight fast because i want to get in as fast as i can any ideas ? Please help !!!

Re: Losing Weight

Originally posted by Braelyn Carter View Post
    Hi i am a female looking to enroll in national guard but wondering of some ideas on how to lose weight fast because i want to get in as fast as i can any ideas ? Please help !!!
    Well, what is your current height and weight Braelyn?

Comment

DRINK WATER!!!!

Comment

Cut out all soft drinks, drink water, no sweets, eat a colorful array of foods (ie - veggies out the wazoo) and cardio like there is no tomorrow.

Comment

5'8 and 195

Comment

Run a lot and eat fewer calories.

Comment

I will say this again.....Drink Water! Portion Control. McDonald's not supper sized is not portion control.

Comment

Run like nobody's business!

Comment

I use to be 230 during winter, 198 now (6 feet tall) doing exactly what these guys are saying. No juice, no soda, (make tea, don't buy tea), drink hella water (I drink like 6 bottles a day now). Lay off carbs and calories. (I use to eat two part rice, one part veggie. Now it's two part veggies, one part rice. No rice at all is better.) It's going to be hard to control what you eat if you don't excersize. Run like nuts.

Comment

Weight watchers is a very good diet plan. Remember your going in the military not competing in Mr. Universe. Follow "KISS" principle to exercise: stretch (warm-up), daily seven exercise's, run three miles, and cool down (stretch). As your fitness level increases then start doing pull-ups, rucking, and rope climbing. These will help you be successful in BCT. It's a lifestyle change; so embrace the suck!

Furthermore, make sure your with standards HT/WT do not rely on tape (three people three different measurements). If your in shape and can run a high 1st class PFT 270/300 that is half the battle. Make sure you study up on your on "knowledge", be prepared mentally (lots of yelling and chaos), sleep deprivation, and not much time to eat chow! In closing, remember Kelly Clarkson....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Good luck.

Comment

I'm going to reply and keep people apprised of a totally different workout. I call it the summer job workout. I started working a summer job today. I have 9 weeks, and this job involves cleaning up a construction site. I never stopped sweating today. I worked 10 hours. I drank over one gallon of water, with lemon juice. I like to put a little lemon juice in my water, to give a little flavor as well as some vitamin C. Tomorrow I plan to drink 1.5 gallons of water with lemon juice. I weighed 244 the other day. But here is the key. Today I overate at lunch, and ate mostly fried, greasy things like cold fried chicken, etc. I think I ate 3 good-sized pieces of fried chicken. Tomorrow I am taking raw vegetables and fruits to snack on at the morning break, lunch break, and afternoon break. I will still eat protein, but I will try to limit the grease. I had zero veggies today. Tomorrow I should eat tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, apples, and grapes. I still have some baked chicken from a restaurant meal the other day.

This should be interesting.

Comment

Give Medical Weight Loss a try. It's a guaranteed (and fast) program that will teach you nutrition and portion control.

Check this out....
                        A year ago, I spoke with a recruiter and I got taped. I was at 52% body fat. Sick! I was over half fat. I lost 50 pounds on my own through killing it at the gym and dieting and last I checked, I was around 38%. Still over, but a hell of a lot better than 52%. I recently joined MWL and in a month, I'm down another 15 already. At the end of my 27 week program, I'll be down 80 and well within the requirements to join. I didn't want to just barely meet standards, I wanted to have lots of wiggle room.

Anything is possible if you want it bad enough. Would I rather eat a junk food and not have to be strict on a diet? Who wouldn't! But my goal of A) enlisting and B) living past age 50 make the hard work worth it. If I can do it, anyone can do it, trust me. I had to undo 29 years of being unhealthy and since turning 30 last December, I've made a lot of improvements. It's going to take time and it won't be easy, but like they say....anything that's worth it won't be simple. Or something like that.

Comment

Hey. So I am female as well and wanted to lose weight quick. The first thing my recruiter told me is be less concerned about the number on the scale and be more concerned about the number on the tape measure. I was 8 lbs over but taped just fine. I started drinking A LOT of water. I did that three day diet to kick start losing weight. Like half your body weight in ounces in water a day. There is an app to remind you to drink more water too. Plus I started running (I hate running.. the only thing that is getting me through is this stupid zombie running game). I ship out in four weeks and I am terrified because I don't want to be the chubby old one who can't keep up.. but along with cutting weight... please remember to exercise.

Comment

Don't be this guy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	74ea9494e66ef14ddba588fc11e230c1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	429

Comment

I'm a new enlistee, way overweight and have been running/jogging everyday, push-ups and sit-ups.. Since doing joining my first ever RSP drill, I'm feeling great at the moment and I don't know how do I measure up now.. Also a good advice (cut the sugar any way you can!!!) Sugar can and always make you overweight (Sugar cravings are the worst, believe me).. I know its painful but we gotta try and do it!!! HOOOAAHH!!

Comment

Working...
                              X