X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My weight problem

I am struggling bad to keep my weight under control, just there's times I lost four pounds but the next day i regained them back. I am trying to diet myself but my body just strives on food cravings and its not even funny. I already passed my ASVAB..I am at 210bls and all I need to do is get my weight to 181...my height is 5'8 and I am 26 years old unless i can meet my body fat percentage. Do you guys have any suggestions that can help with my diet? Some told me to eat portions six times a day but I do work all the time so it makes it much difficult to go with that kind of suggestion...But on the good side of that I been drinking straight water for the past six weeks now and my weight doesn't gain as much since I stopped drinking soda all the time. Could anyone help me?

Re: My weight problem

Originally posted by Josh Mabe View Post
    I am struggling bad to keep my weight under control, just there's times I lost four pounds but the next day i regained them back. I am trying to diet myself but my body just strives on food cravings and its not even funny. I already passed my ASVAB..I am at 210bls and all I need to do is get my weight to 181...my height is 5'8 and I am 26 years old unless i can meet my body fat percentage. Do you guys have any suggestions that can help with my diet? Some told me to eat portions six times a day but I do work all the time so it makes it much difficult to go with that kind of suggestion...But on the good side of that I been drinking straight water for the past six weeks now and my weight doesn't gain as much since I stopped drinking soda all the time. Could anyone help me?
    Yes, sure. I am not a health professional, but I will offer what I have done at times.

If you want soda, drink diet soda, or my favorite coke zero. Is that a healthy, not really, but you don't take on the empty calories.

Don't eat late night. If you are going to bed at normal time, dont eat past dinner.

Egg whites, chicken breast, vegetables, turkey, fish, shrimp, extra super lean ground beef, salads with oil and vinegar, fruit...those are your friends.

Eat nothing that goes into a deep fryer.

Unless you go to a baseball game, no hotdogs. (you just cant go watch baseball without a hot dog).

If you like to drink now and again, clear liquor and wine are your closest friend, craft beer is not.

Cardio, run, cardio, run, cardio, run...and so on. Don't run twice in a row, but always do cardio. (5 days a week)

If you are open to supplements, check out something called "stimerex". Get it with the ephedra extract (the extract is safe and legal). That will suppress the cravings and speed up your metabolism.

Comment

Reminded me about myself.

I was 27 when I started the process in Jan '13. I was 213lbs. I finally inlisted in March '13 @ 191lbs. I was at the gym everyday. Ran at least 2 miles everyday and then lifted weights. Keep at it. Remember to keep your heart rate up as much as you can, that is when you burn the most calories. I ate very clean. Chicken breast and steamed veggies were pretty much my diet for 3 months. As of now, I'm at 193lbs and plan to drop down to at least 180lbs before I ship in Aug. You have to be determined. Have that drive!

Good Luck!

Comment

I hope so it will be helpful for you.

http://www.wikihow.com/Gain-Weight

Comment

It takes something to ask for help, especially with this particular issue....good job.

The previous posters gave some good advice and I'll toss in my .02. First, stop soda altogether. If you need that carbonated fizz that bad, drink some flavored seltzer water (Wal-Mart sells it for like .75 for a liter). In addition, look at your diet. If you just have to chow down, go to town on some greens, some sort of melon or steamed veggies. You can pretty much eat your fill and do fine.

Cardio, cardio, cardio. Get your heart pumping and body sweating. If you can't run, walk a brisk pace on a big incline (12+) on a machine. You will sweat you love handles right off.... Plus., hit the weights to build muscle. It will burn fat quickly as well.

Voice of experience here.

Comment

Don't worry about this. As long as you get the right amount of food every day, meal timing isn't important. The things you hear about "breakfast skippers" on commercials for McDonald's or Kellogg's cereal are just scare tactics.

Comment

From personal experience I say weights weights weights. I did tons of cardio and quickly hit a plateau. I focused on body fat percentage and not weight. Not saying don't do cardio. Absolutely keep it up. Do high intensity cardio. Sprints. Lots of sprints. 30s/60s and 60s/120s. Everybody is different. No secret sauce really though. Diet however is number 1. You workout like crazy and eat like poo all you will do is maintain.

Comment

Working...
              X