Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 with a hand issue

Hello,

I'm currently perusing the site to get an idea on requirements to enlist. I know it's a late start at 40 but I think I need a change in pace with careers. First, has the age requirement changed?? I see some sites that say 41 years and 364 days is maximum age requirements. Some say 35. Also, the big kicker... I had a hand injury about 18 years ago that cost me the first two (2) digits of my right index finger, broken middle, ring, and pinky of the remaining fingers. They are crook-ed but not too bad. I do have some minor flexibility issues but nothing that has changed lifestyle habits. I currently am a career Fire Captain in a municipal fire department and have gotten yearly physicals per NFPA requirents and have had no issues. I've been in the fire service for 22 years now and it hasn't affected me in my job duties one bit. I can still tie knots, fix equipment, and all that other stuff. What, if any chance do I have to enlist with this issue?? If it is a disqualification, I will completely understand. Thanks for any help!!

Re: 40 with a hand issue

Think I just found my answer... About 2 years to late it seems...

Comment

Working...
    X