Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do about unknown health issue?

My crack-pot oral surgeon just identified an unknown growth within my chin. X-ray records show that the unknown substance has been present for years, the oral surgeon took no notice. He wants to have an autopsy preformed, which would leave a large hole within my mouth. The unknown substance is not known to be benign or malignant. I ship for basic later this month, should I have the autopsy preformed before basic, and risk not being able to go, or wait and have it preformed in september? Would a the gums that would require antibiotics prevent me from attending BCT?

Re: What to do about unknown health issue?

Originally posted by twistedmetalll View Post
    My crack-pot oral surgeon just identified an unknown growth within my chin. X-ray records show that the unknown substance has been present for years, the oral surgeon took no notice. He wants to have an autopsy preformed, which would leave a large hole within my mouth. The unknown substance is not known to be benign or malignant. I ship for basic later this month, should I have the autopsy preformed before basic, and risk not being able to go, or wait and have it preformed in september? Would a the gums that would require antibiotics prevent me from attending BCT?
    I gotta tell ya--First question that came to my mind is this: Why are you seeing an oral surgeon? If this "unknown growth" has been sitting in your chin dormant for a number of years then I don't see how all of a sudden its going to affect you in a couple months. I'm not telling you what to do but if it were me and it wasn't causing any pain or discomfort I'd wait until September. Meanwhile, if you think your oral surgeon is such a crackpot, then get a second opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmetalll View Post
      Pretty sure you mean BIOPSY....autopsies are POST mortem (after death) examinations.

Comment

Like Chris said. If you have an autopsy performed then you definitely won’t be going to BCT, or anywhere else for that matter.

I would suggest going to a primary care doctor and asking for a second opinion. They may be able to identify what it is with an x-ray or an MRI before cutting you open. It kind of sounds like the oral surgeon wants to make money cutting you open just find out what it is.

Also, if it has been there for a long time, why is the oral surgeon just bringing it up now?

Comment

An oral surgeon brought it up after looking at a recent X-ray after my wisdom teeth had been removed. I dubbed the surgeon a "crack-pot" due to the fact that the unknown matter was visible in past x-rays in his possession, yet he mentioned nothing when said x-rays were taken. I've decided to wait until I return from basic to have a biopsy/further investigation preformed. I've already spoken to a doctor for a second opinion, she was of no assistance.

Comment

I don't have the AR handy, but I am pretty sure the undead are ineligible for enlistment.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
              I don't have the AR handy, but I am pretty sure the undead are ineligible for enlistment.
              Moving, Sergeant!!

Comment

I am also facing the same problems. I read out interesting and informative ideas here. This will be helpful for me.

Comment

Working...
                X