X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help on pushups

I am a 19 year old female I weigh about 146. I can barely do one pushup, what are some ways that I can be able to do pushups fairly quickly. Thank you for your time

Re: I need help on pushups

Do inclined pushups to begin. Begin by doing wall pushups and gradually work your way down to something waist high. Before you know it you will be able to do standard pushups and eventually do declines!

It's all a process and definitely takes time so don't get discouraged. Set small goals and do them often throughout the day.

Comment

Do pushups every commercial you watch.

Do pushups every hour on the hour, even at work.

Start with on your knees and work up to full pushups. Make sure you perfect the correct form.

Start with your chest on the ground and push up, since going down isn't an issue.

Comment

Google 200 pushups. It will give you a pushup improvement plan, and it works if you'll actually stick to it.

Comment

Thank you everyone! Any tips on running, right now I'm running for time and not distance.

Comment

Also about the Push ups, what muscles you use when doing the push-up depend on your position upon doing them :ex. the more you spread your arms when you do a push-up the more you use your pectoral muscles (chest) but if you bring your arms in more you use your triceps more. I have more endurance in my chest then i do my triceps so i bring my arms out, almost as much as they'll let me (pt test). When it concerns running though a lot of it concerns on how you breathe, my cross country couch always use to tell me to breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth. of course that's distance, if your sprinting though you should breathe less when initiating the sprint and when you reach what you think is your top speed start breathing in and out through your mouth, also when your sprinting swing your arms more; (you usually only sprint when your racing to the finish line to deplete the rest of your energy). You should try to go out an run when you can and always remember to jog a bit before you start your run (warm-up) after your warm-up you should stretch;and after your run you should stretch and that stretch should be longer in duration than the pre-workout stretch. As long as you apply yourself I swear you'll get better and you will improve on your push-ups and your run, and i hope what ive said helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Mckee12 View Post
              I am a 19 year old female I weigh about 146. I can barely do one pushup, what are some ways that I can be able to do pushups fairly quickly. Thank you for your time
              I used to think push-ups was all in the chest muscles. It isn't.

I realized that no matter how strong my chest was my front deltoids and triceps were always on fire.

I trained my deltoids and triceps more closely. I began maxing my push-ups in the APFT.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't practice doing push-ups daily just to get comfortable performing in that position. Because throughout the training phase and particularly during BCT you will get smoked at any time of the day or night whether it's your fault or not.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                ...Because throughout the training phase and particularly during BCT you will get smoked at any time of the day or night whether it's your fault or not.
                "corrective action" night & day for anyone's action....

Comment

Every time that you walk through the door of your room, do 5 push-ups. Overtime bump it to ten. This can supplement your routines.

Comment

The best thing I have found for push ups is this:
                    Last edited by SF Hunter; January 17th, 2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

start on your knees with wide arms. slowly work your arms in and then get on your feet for standard push-ups. I had my wife doing 10 regular push-ups in a week doing this. After that you can start the push-up push workout which you can find on military.com. Just Google push-up push workout and you'll find it. For running you want to alternate days where you run for distance one day and the next day do sprint intervals. If you aren't a good runner i'd start with 10 straight mins of running where you sprint for 30 seconds and then jog for a minute and repeat that for 10 mins. the better you get you can increase the sprint time and decrease the rest/jogging time. You'll find this to improve your time the fastest. I dropped 30 secs in a week off my mile time with this

Comment

Originally posted by Mckee12 View Post
                        I would HIGHLY recommend you do follow the Grease To The Groove Method. It works very well and it will do well for push ups. http://sealgrinderpt.com/navy-seal-w...oove-gtg.html/

Good luck to you

Comment

To do pushups fast you can start doing them on your knees this will help in increasing your strength. In starting you should aim in doing up to 8 to 10 pushups and after that stake a break. Start the process again and this time increases the number of push-ups. You can see improvement fast.

Comment

Working...
                          X