X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining in just good enough shape.

I'm 25 years old, 5'8" and 270lbs. Sounds huge right? I'll never meet the 174lbs weight requirement, but I'm at about 32% body fat. Helps having an 18 inch neck. I've lost 18lbs in the last month without exercise and I'm trying to get in to shape to join. I was in body fat compliance about 2 years ago, had my ASVAB taken, passed, got down to 26% and then they closed the GED entries a week before I went to enlist. I weigh a lot, I hate cardio, but I'm willing to put forth the effort.

My question is, how good of shape should I be in before boot camp to be able to survive. I know what the minimums are, I would like to know the recommended. I still have awhile till I intend to go see a recruiter and I really need to work on my cardio, but I would like to know how many pushups, situps, pullups, and anything else I should work on to make life slightly easier when I get to basic. My goal is to be ready by January of next year. Any routines you can suggest would also help.

Re: Joining in just good enough shape.

Well for your age group you need to achieve:

2 minute pushups: 40 - 75
    2 minute situps: 50 - 80
    runtime: 13 - 16:36

You need to strive to hit the minimums prior to shipping to BCT.

Also, the standards have been revised so you need to hit 24% in order to enlist.

Comment

Working...
    X