Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the cardio

Anyone have a workout plan for cardio
    My cardiovascular is terrible,not fat or anything. Just not used to running. Anyone have a good regimen to start out with.

Re: Help with the cardio

Originally posted by falco View Post
    Anyone have a workout plan for cardio
    My cardiovascular is terrible,not fat or anything. Just not used to running. Anyone have a good regimen to start out with.
    Falco,

The first question is, how long until you ship? If you have a few months, google "Couch to 5K". I signed up with 4 months between signing date and when I ship (which is about 9 weeks away). My cardio endurance was awful but following that program I have been able to increase the amount I can run. I was in okay shape before starting the program so I have skipped some rest days and have completed the program in about 8 weeks. My goal now is to get faster; a 10 minute mile won't cut it. From the research I have done, I will start alternating long run days (minimum 3 mile jog) to keep my endurance up and speed days (hills, 1 mile jog with a mile "sprint", etc.) But, for now concentrate on getting your endurance up with the Couch to 5K workout. Also, if you need to get better with your pushups, start doing 10-20 every hour or so for atleast 10 hours of the day. I have found that doing less pushups at a time spread out throughout the day will increase the number you can crank out in 2 minutes. Also, pay attention to your body; know your limits and when you feel that your "limits" are getting too easy, crank it up a notch. I read two basic training preparation books by a guy named Sgt. Volken (great books by the way, I suggest you pick them up) and he says it is better to push yourself on your terms than your drill sergeant's. Sounds like good advice to me.

Comment

Working...
    X