X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP LOSING WEIGHT

Hi my name is Jeremy im 23 years old im 5FT 4 IN tall and I weigh 222 lbs i need to weigh at most 140-155 and i have a very awful and slow metabolism and cant seem to lose any weight no matter what i do or eat i cant seem to lose more than 10 lbs and i reallly really want to join the guard to provide a better future for myself and my family but I cant seem to lose enough weight please help i really want to join the military.

Re: NEED HELP LOSING WEIGHT

Jeremy,

The battle of losing weight can sometimes be a difficult achievement but one worth all the effort needed to succeed. The basics is where I like to start people off when talking about weight loss. I will list some keys below to help get you started but by no means is this the be all end all.

Eat 5-6 small meals everyday
    Drink 64-128oz water daily (high consumption for days when activity is higher)
    Try to stick with 1800 calories a day focusing on protein and carbohydrates
    Cardio is very important and should be done 5-6 days a week. Start slow and work your way up.
    Use a protein shake with 5 grams of fiber as a night time snack to avoid late night eating
    Weight training is also an integrate part in keeping you strong. Incorporate 3 days a week with a simple upper body/lower body routine
    Avoid sugars and fried foods. (ex soda, candy, fried chicken, french fries etc)

Please if you have any questions about the above just reply back. I hope this helps you get started to your road to joining our amazing team.

Comment

Run like nobody's business! Don't stop till you feel like puking. LOL. I had to make tape being that I'm overweight for my height. Cardio will make you lose weight the fastest. Leg workouts also burn a lot of calories (stomach). My recruiter told me to keep running and if avail, get on the endless stair machine and do it as long as I can. Don't worry about your weight too much, you just have to make your allowable body fat percentage.

Comment

Drink atleast a gallon of water a day.... Since your body is not used to exercise yet, I would say split up what you do into two sessions on most days of the week. Go on a long (60+ min), brisk (no huffing and puffing, but slightly uncomfortable at first) walk 4x a week. Look into the Couch to 5K program... just google it. And start building muscle. Although muscle weighs more than fat, it will help your metabolism... train your legs the heaviest as gains are quickest/easiest here. Add in arms/shoulders/chest/back twice a week.

Main thing you gotta do is get moving.. and drink lots of water. Do the C25K (3x/week), longggg walk (4x/week), and muscle strengthening exercises (5x/week). And keep in mind that 70% of weight loss happens in the kitchen. Dont eat anything that wont go bad for weeks and limit starchy carbs. Youll be under 180 by the start of summer if you stay consistent. =)

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyV1990 View Post
          Hi my name is Jeremy im 23 years old im 5FT 4 IN tall and I weigh 222 lbs i need to weigh at most 140-155 and i have a very awful and slow metabolism and cant seem to lose any weight no matter what i do or eat i cant seem to lose more than 10 lbs and i reallly really want to join the guard to provide a better future for myself and my family but I cant seem to lose enough weight please help i really want to join the military.
          First step: learn to use the period (".") key. After that, work on commas (",").

You say you can't lose more than ten pounds. So why don't you lose ten pounds seven or eight times? If you burn more calories than you take in, you lose weight. You can't beat physics.

Comment

STOP EATING SOOOOO MUCH!!!! EXERCISE MORE!!!! START TODAY!!!!

Comment

There are two ways to lose weight unless you're the one of one million people who have legitimate hormone problems. These are:

1) Adjust diet (reduce food eaten or preferably improve quality of food eaten, cutting out processed foods and things that arent natural. Increase fruit, vegetable, fish, meat, and other natural intake, decrease sugar and un-natural stuff).

2) Increase physical activity.

Optimum weight loss is achieved by doing both. These are lifestyle changes not temporary remedies. Feel free to drop me a PM if you want.

Comment

Losing weight is easy once you get in the mindset that you want to lose weight. When I first decided that I wanted to join the National Guard I was 5'9" and weighed 270lbs as a male. I have lost 27lbs and about 4-5% body fat in about 3 months. What everyone says about watching what you eat and exercising more is basically it. I workout 6-7 days a week doing some sort of cardio for 30-45 min a day; whether it be walking at a 10incline and 2.9mph, jogging at 5.5mph (started at 4.7mph), interval training (sprint a lap, walk a lap), and I do a spinning class once a week. Two days a week I workout twice a day with cardio in the morning and weights in the evening. I also see a personal trainer once a week and he puts me through various military style endurance workouts. My caloric intake went from about 2800-3000 calories a day to 1500-1800 calories a day with one day being a "junk day" where I will go for ice cream or a couple slices of pizza with the gal. I also have almost completely cut out alcohol except for special occasions or one day every other week.

My food intake is as follows:

Breakfast: 400-600 calories
                2 eggs
                1 banana
                1 whey protein shake

Snack:80-120 calories
                Dannon Light& Fit Strawberry Greek Yogurt or an Apple

Lunch:300 calories
                Turkey Sandwhich, Salad, or Soup

Snack: 35 calories
                1 serving of baby peeled carrots(about 20 carrots depending on size)

Dinner: 600-800 calories
                Grilled Chicken, Baked Fish, Turkey Sandwhich, Chili, or Soup
                1 serving of planters mixed nuts
                2-3 cups of frozen vegetables

Snack:
                1 whey protein shake

I still have 13lbs to go to reach my goal of 230lbs before October. If you have any questions you can send me a PM and I will try to answer anything as best as I can. I am by no means a certified trainer/nutritionist and I'm sure there are other things that you can do that will work for you, but this is what has worked for me thus far.
                Last edited by jwald; April 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I am also 23 years old "Jeremy" but my height is 5.11 FT.. according to your request I have some exercise tips for you.. you should need to walk less then 3 to 4 KM per day time doesn't matter you can chose an suitable time in your day.. I use some extra water like 6 to 7 litter in a day...

Comment

Working...
                  X