X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed please!

Im an 18 year old female, have been overweight since birth. But I am determined to get down the the required weight. Ive found a great weight loss program thats working wonders for me!

So what I need help with, what kind of exercises are best to help build up endurance and strength?

I am thick boned, will this count against me?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Advice needed please!

First of all, the weight on the scale isn't the final say on your eligibility. In fact, your BMI will ultimately be the determination. So, being "big boned", as you put it, won't matter if you have more muscle than fat.

I would recommend taking a look around the fitness section here on the forum. There's TONS of information on what you can do to help reach your goals.

Comment

Run, do pushups, and do situps...

Comment

Being overweight since birth just means you have a thyroid problem or maybe you just arent educated on how to make healthier choices. "Weight loss" programs are temporary. You should just focus on eating healthier and exercising regularly.. the weight will come off if you do both of those things. Carbs are your friends... just not the starchy kinds! (ie- pizza dough vs spinach.. both carbs!) And meat is your friend too... just dont fry it or smoother it in sauce/butter/ect. *Jumps off of high horse*

With that said, try to train your body for the PT test.... Push ups, Sit Ups, 2 mile run. To BARELY pass (at BCT), you have to be able to do... 42 Push ups, 53 Sit Ups, 2 mile run in 15:54 min. Can you do that now? Give yourself a diagnostic test and figure out where your weaknesses are and build your routine around that.

If push ups and/or sit ups are your weakness, alternate these two exercises each night:
        a) Do as many push ups/sit ups as possible for 1 minute. Take a 1 minute break. Repeat 3 times.
        b) Do push ups/sit ups to failure. Wait 5 minutes and repeat 3 times.

Its okay if you start out with "girl push ups" or against a wall... but be sure that you are challenging yourself.

If the running is your weakness.... Just run some more. Try to alternate between jogging and walking some days, sprints on a track other days, long brisk walks on a "rest day"... just keep moving! Understand what your pace should be and run at that pace for 1/8 of a mile... when thats too easy, run at that required pace for 1/4 of a mile... ect. Keep increasing it until you can run at the minimal pace for 2 full miles.

Be sure to rest. Drink lots of water... Dont diet. Just eat well and the rest will fall into place.

*I didnt even mention what the MINIMUM required to ship to BCT is because you shouldnt be aiming to barely be in shape. You dont want basic to kick you butt.

Comment

Working...
        X