X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prior service weight loss

I need some good advice. I am prior service 8 years, 1 combat tour in Iraq. I ETSd in 2010 and now I wanna go back in. My recruiter told me I have the go back to meps. My only obstacle is that i gained some weight while I was out, Kids marriage, work. I'm at 240 , pretty muscular , but now I have to get down to 175 to get back in , I have never been 175 the etire time I was in, I was always between 190 and 200, but made tape. I've never had to loose weight so I have no Idea where to even begin. I go to the gym regularly, mostly weight training. How should I adjust workouts for weight Loss? Can someone help?

Re: prior service weight loss

Cardio & Crossfit would be beneficial to incorporate it into your weight resistance program....ie: running, walking, swimming, biking, workout programs, etc.

Of course, take a better look at what you eat.

You've made tape before while not making the weight standard so you can do it again!

As a waiver, you should consult your physician before beginning any weight loss program.

Comment

I wouldn't stress making it down to 175, instead work toward making tape which, as someone who is likely close to 30 should be authorized a higher body fat percentage than you previously did.

Besides that, the obvious, cardio and diet. There's really no secret formula, it's all about caloric intake.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys!

Comment

Originally posted by MrGermany86 View Post
          Thanks for the advice guys!
          Keep us posted on progress & what has worked for you.

Comment

You are prior service and don't know how to lose weight? Run Forrest, RUNNN!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X