Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commander rejected pt scores for soliders after authorizing myself and my plt leader to administer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander rejected pt scores for soliders after authorizing myself and my plt leader to administer

I am a SSG in the La Army National Guard. While on Title 10 orders myself and my platoon leader administered a apft, which our commander stated would count as an official score. Now after a week, all Pt cards (including wghts, hghts, etc) have been turned in, the commander is rejecting scores. His reason for this is, he doesn't believe that all 14 troops passed (they all passed). I have researched AR 350-1 and FM 7-22. I have interpreted this research the best i can. From what I understand, once the cmdr states the apft will be official, he cannot change this unless he is present for the administering of the apft (he was not present). Someone please give me some guideance. As an NCO I must ensure my troops have the things they need and are given credit for proper completion of tasks. I am about to go to Jag and/or IG. I have exhausted the proper chain of command with no luck. I feel like I have a good case but would like a little reassurance.

Re: Commander rejected pt scores for soliders after authorizing myself and my plt leader to administ

Originally posted by Bry4982 View Post
    I am a SSG in the La Army National Guard. While on Title 10 orders myself and my platoon leader administered a apft, which our commander stated would count as an official score. Now after a week, all Pt cards (including wghts, hghts, etc) have been turned in, the commander is rejecting scores. His reason for this is, he doesn't believe that all 14 troops passed (they all passed). I have researched AR 350-1 and FM 7-22. I have interpreted this research the best i can. From what I understand, once the cmdr states the apft will be official, he cannot change this unless he is present for the administering of the apft (he was not present). Someone please give me some guideance. As an NCO I must ensure my troops have the things they need and are given credit for proper completion of tasks. I am about to go to Jag and/or IG. I have exhausted the proper chain of command with no luck. I feel like I have a good case but would like a little reassurance.
    Are you still on title 10?

Comment

Re: Commander rejected pt scores for soliders after authorizing myself and my plt leader to administ

Your platoon leader should address the matter with the Commander and the Commander can issue an APFT whenever he/she likes according to regulation and local unit policy.

Comment

By how much did they all pass? By that, I mean do some/all of the scores looked "pencil whipped" or do they look realistic?

In the end, about all the commander can do is open a commander's inquiry to see if the APFT was held to standard or there was fraud. If there was no fraud found by the investigating officer, there is not much that can be done. This maybe one of those times you may want to pick your battles. If they passed it once, can they pass it again with him around?
        Last edited by RedLeg; February 9th, 2013, 05:26 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

there was absolutely NO fudging or pencil whipping. my platoon leader has and is continuing to fight this. we administered according to fm 7-22 which replaced the fm 20-21. his reasoning is based upon 1 female soldier whom hasnt passed her last 4 apft's. this is only because she would simply just walk. she is now in my squad and she ran the entire 2 miles because myself and all the troops (including platoon leader and platoon sergeant) all made a agreement as a platoon/team/family (whatever u want to call it.....a brotherhood) to all try as hard as we can. what do u know the s*@t worked. i think we r gonna go through with IG complaint but i would like as much feedback as possible or facts. any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
            By how much did they all pass? By that, I mean do some/all of the scores looked "pencil whipped" or do they look realistic?

In the end, about all the commander can do is open a commander's inquiry to see if the APFT was held to standard or there was fraud. If there was no fraud found by the investigating officer, there is not much that can be done. This maybe one of those times you may want to pick your battles. If they passed it once, can they pass it again with him around?
            Pick what battles? His commander has accused him of FRAUD. He has to fight; he really has no choice but to fight. His relationship with his commander is ruined either way. The only question is does he want to let his commander's accusation stand or fight for the reputation of his integrity.

You may be a commander and that's great. But if he had integrity and the CDR is going to accuse him of not having it, the gloves are coming off. They're both going down. He's going to make sure that they both lose big - because in the end, the commander is more senior to him and, thus, the commander stands to lose more.
            Last edited by Polo08816; February 9th, 2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

If the men got wind of these 2 leaders backing down, they would lose a lot of respect for them.

Comment

roger that Lt. thats pretty much the way i see it. i truley believe my soldiers should not be brushed to the side when they did exactly what they were asked to do. i will fight for them til the end and thats why they would do the same for me. its about being part of a team thats bigger than the individual. unfortunately the power goes to sum peoples head

Comment

Originally posted by Bry4982 View Post
                  roger that Lt. thats pretty much the way i see it. i truley believe my soldiers should not be brushed to the side when they did exactly what they were asked to do. i will fight for them til the end and thats why they would do the same for me. its about being part of a team thats bigger than the individual. unfortunately the power goes to sum peoples head
                  Are you still on title 10?!

Comment

yes still on tilte 10 pre mobe

Comment

LOL, there's some selective reading going on. If the PT was fudged in anyway, this is the time to back down and you both have a chance to save face. I never said don't go to the IG or standup for your troops.

If you do decide to go to the IG, then you need to make sure it was held to standard because if it's found that it wasn't, you'll look worse in front of your Soldiers and your commander when the test is invalid.

Comment

im not worried about an IG complaint. my ducks r in a row and everything done to standard.

Comment

Is your PL on board with you 100%?

Comment

And the 1SG in this case?

Comment

1st sgt is spineless and selfish.......and the plt leader is on board but wants to continue to try to handle it his way for a few more days

Comment

Working...
                              X