X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 lbs to go

I've got about 50 lbs to go before I meet the height/weight requirements. I started working out last week, just have to keep it up! I'm going to start the Couch to 5k program this week, hopefully that will help. I'm hoping, once I'm a bit closer to my weight goals, to sit down with a recruiter again. I talked to one about 2 weeks ago, but kind of felt like I got the brush off since I'm overweight.

I do have one question I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I'm a woman and, as of right now, I can't even do one full "real" push up. My Army Vet friend said women can do the kneeling push ups, is this true? I don't want to focus on those to find out I have to do regular ones. I'm doing kneeling ones now, until my arms are strong enough to do the regular ones.

Thanks for any help.

Re: 50 lbs to go

You will be required to perform a full, regular push-up (not on your knees) for the AFPT. If you drop to your knees, the test is terminated and only what push-ups you have properly performed up to that point will be counted.

Comment

Thank you. I'll make sure to work on those.

Comment

Be sure to check out the fitness section here on the Forum as well as on the National Guard website. There's lots of good information out there! Good luck with your goals!

Comment

Working...
        X