X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to put on some weight

i'm around 5'5 130 lbs and want to put on some more weight so when i go to basic i won't lose that much weight
    but kind of broke any tips

Re: need to put on some weight

Originally posted by falco View Post
    i'm around 5'5 130 lbs and want to put on some more weight so when i go to basic i won't lose that much weight
    You can actually "gain" more weight without buying into weight gainer powders and the like. The trick is to consume the right type of foods that build muscle (which will help you weigh more) and are healthy. Some examples are peanut butter and meats (lean is best). If you are very active, be sure to increase your caloric intake, otherwise your already high metabolism will just burn off excess and leave you at the same weight.

Comment

Originally posted by falco View Post
      Just lift weights and become diesel as sh*t.

Comment

3 things you need to put on weight

1. Squats
        2. Deadlifts
        3. GOMAD - Gallon Of Milk A Day.

For the squats and deadlifts, I suggest you lookup Staring Strength by Mark Ripptoe. There are even spreadsheets out there that will give you the right routine and even the amount of weight to use. As far as the milk goes, it has to be whole milk. It's also in addition to your normal meal routine.

This will work better and faster than using any "weight gainer" crap you can buy.

I followed this program for 8 weeks and went from 152 to 176 and put 40+ pounds on my max for each of sqauts, deadlifts, and bench press. I was also doing cardio in the mornings (unit PT), so I may have gained a little more weight without doing the extra cardio everyday. And yes some of the weight will be fat, but you burn most of that off at basic anyway.
        Last edited by sherfield2002; January 25th, 2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sherfield2002 View Post
          3 things you need to put on weight

1. Squats
          2. Deadlifts
          3. GOMAD - Gallon Of Milk A Day.

For the squats and deadlifts, I suggest you lookup staring strengthby Mark Ripptoe. There are even spreadsheets out there that will give you the right routine and even the amount of weight to use. As far as the milk goes, it has to be whole milk. It's also in addition to your normal meal routine.

This will work better and faster than using any "weight gainer" crap you can buy.

I followed this program for 8 weeks and went from 152 to 176 and put 40+ pounds on my max for each of sqauts, deadlifts, and bench press. I was also doing cardio in the mornings (unit PT), so I may have gained a little more weight without doing the extra cardio everyday. And yes some of the weight will be fat, but you burn most of that off at basic anyway.
          Only if you're not lactose intolerant.

Comment

In that case go with almond milk

Seriously though, a gal of milk a day is no easy task everyday for an extended period of time.

Comment

Falco,

The key is not only to increase your daily caloric intake but to spread it out as well. This is always tricky as you need to find creative ways to add calories on top of what your already eating. If you let 6-8 hours a day go by without any calories you are reducing your chances of gaining anything. Many guys I know who have been successful with gaining weight have started by logging all nutritional items consumed daily. This tracking system will give you a much better idea for where your mistakes are coming from. There are free diet trackers that you can find on google to help you with the calculations.

Comment

Lift a bunch of weights

Comment

Peanut butter. I was 5'7" 135 when I went to basic. At one point I dropped down to 122 during training. I was assigned 4 peanut butter packs each meal. When I left OSUT I was 140.

Comment

Get married,

Just joking, I do not, nor have I ever condoned marriage strictly for the purpose of weight gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard View Post
                      Get married
                      And when you see your gains start to plateau, have a kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X