X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncharacterize discharge/ Benefits

In 2009 (National Gaurd) I was given a Uncharaterize discharge with a bar. I got ill during the pre-mob for Operation Iraqi Freedom and I was told during pre-mob by MedPros that my bp was 200/212 and that I need to go see my Doctor, so I got permission to go my primay Doctor sent me to the hospital for a Cat Scan to see if there anything else going on. at which time my 1sgt. and my Lt showed up and I explained to them what happened and I showed them paper work. they told me do not drive and have my sister pick me up and I should stay with her and check in daily in which I did for a month. after that no answer or calls, so I called around and the unit was closed. so a few months later a civilian conatcted me and told me they were trying to find me(ha,ha) I told him I have been where I have always been for the past few months. he told me not to worry that they dropped the ball on me. so a Captain contacted me and we met and he explained to me that he will call me the next day to come and we will try to catch up with my unit that had already deployed. calling my sister giving her the news she was excited so was I . but the following next day the very same Captain called me back and said we are discharging you and I ask for what reason he stated that ''I disavowed'' I was floored. so my question is what benefits can I receive and can I get back in. I have never had a bad discharge they have always been honorable. please help ...thanks.......

Re: Uncharacterize discharge/ Benefits

To be honest, I heard a lot of stories about people getting involuntary separated but this one is tops for me.

So three years later, you want to come back in?

Any discharge paperwork in your possession?

Troll?

Comment

Yes, and I have copies of my orders.....and yes I would like to get back in.

Comment

Got discouraged because of the way that it happened.

Comment

Thanks for your input, honesty, and time responding.

Comment

You need to bring those documents to a recruiter and he will determine if you will be able to re-join the service with a waiver. If you able to return, you will be afforded those benefits provided to Soldiers.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
              You need to bring those documents to a recruiter and he will determine if you will be able to re-join the service with a waiver. If you able to return, you will be afforded those benefits provided to Soldiers.

Good luck.
              DD 214 or NGB 22 would be ideal to bring along, that way the recruiter can see what type of separation code was given..

Comment

The funny thing is that when I requested my DD 214 and my NGB 22 they sent me what they had on file twice and the NGB - FROM O7 had honerable discharge.

Comment

I want to say thanks for all the input and information. it is truly a blessing to have wise and experienced soldiers. your honesty says a lot about you as a person as well as your character.

Comment

Working...
                  X