Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to lose weight!

Hi All,

I am new to all of this. I just got accepted into the national guard 42nd infantry band out of New York. But, I know that I will need to shed some pounds before I can make the cut and sign my contract. Right now, I am 6'3/265 lbs. Its mainly bely fat that is my problem. I am finishing my last semester of college, and it is quite hard to really find the time to exercise a lot in the week, but I know that now I HAVE to. I know it will be hard, but I am committed, and am not just wanting to do this to join the guard, but to better my life and health as a whole.

Is there any exercises that people would suggest for me to really take off the pounds? Or diets that are proven that work? I know changes wont be made overnight, but I want to lose as much weight as I can, as quickly as I can.

Thank you for your advice!

Re: Need to lose weight!

There are a gazillion threads embedded in this forum on weight loss. Search and you will find an abundance of answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sibbitts View Post
      Hi All,

I am new to all of this. I just got accepted into the national guard 42nd infantry band out of New York. But, I know that I will need to shed some pounds before I can make the cut and sign my contract. Right now, I am 6'3/265 lbs. Its mainly bely fat that is my problem. I am finishing my last semester of college, and it is quite hard to really find the time to exercise a lot in the week, but I know that now I HAVE to. I know it will be hard, but I am committed, and am not just wanting to do this to join the guard, but to better my life and health as a whole.

Is there any exercises that people would suggest for me to really take off the pounds? Or diets that are proven that work? I know changes wont be made overnight, but I want to lose as much weight as I can, as quickly as I can.

Focus on your diet and change little day things here and there. For example instead of taking the elevator take the stairs and when you go walking throughout your campus walk fast!

Comment

Just doing more exercise and eating little, and must plug away

Comment

Google can be your best friend

Comment

Stop eating full meals. Split them up. Instead of 3, eat 6, but not full meals though. I was told to much on something every 2-3 hours to keep the metabolism going.

Comment

Originally posted by YANG View Post
              Stop eating full meals. Split them up. Instead of 3, eat 6, but not full meals though. I was told to much on something every 2-3 hours to keep the metabolism going.
              Personally i always gained weight doing six meals. It just made me hungrier and wanting to eat constantly. Ive had most success from skipping breakfast and working out on empty stomach. Check out leangains.com. It flies in the face of what is written in most fitness magazines but it works.

Comment

A few months ago (5-6 maybe) my wife implemented the South Beach Diet in our household. It focuses primarily on limiting sugar and carb intake. It was a fairly simple change simply because we are a gluten-free family due to my wife's Celiac disease, so the carb part wasn't terrible. The sugar part really kicked my butt, and I still have to fight off cravings. Unfortunately, I am a sugar hound.
                I'm not a huge supporter of these "specific" diets--just moderation mainly. But I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered I had dropped 30 lbs in approx 4 months with no special work-out regimen.

Comment

Hi,

45 min of brisk walking
                  30 min of swimming or biking
                  15 min of running

Comment

Originally posted by Sibbitts View Post
                    Hi All,

I just started an all raw diet this past Monday and lost 4 pounds by Wednesday. Now that may not sound like much but that is rather rapid considering my normal regimen. For the past week my weight had been hovering at 217 despite my normal hour long workouts 4 days a week. To lose 4 pounds in 3 days is phenomenal, particularly, considering that I hadn't worked out since this past Sunday.

To be successful with an all raw diet you have to restrict your eating habits to NOTHING BUT raw vegetables and fruit. Drinking a glass of Acai berry juice a day also helps. I only ate carrots, tomatoes, celery, brocoli, green and red apples, and oranges all day every day. Your first day will be very tricky because you'll be craving your habitual diet. To help ward off cravings you'll have to eat almost constantly the first day or two. Eventually, your body will adjust and you'll be eating normally. Now add to the factor in a moderate one hour workout 3 times a week and it shouldn't be that unrealistic to lose 8 pounds a week.

Comment

First of all, congrats on making the band audition, that's no easy task, you must be good. What instrument?

Concerning shredding lbs, obviously burning more calories than you take in is the key. Many have used a food diary to help lose weight. Write everything down that you eat in a week, you'd be surprised at how this effects your diet.

Best of luck, keep us updated!

Comment

You should just work out with me at the South Lake base in Troy. Not too far from the Rainbow Division home.

Comment

You should have to need to do the exercise and take the little food is better for the good health and you can make yourself maintain. joestokerfitness/

Comment

STOP EATING SO MUCH AND EXERCISE!

Comment

Originally posted by johnsmith8182 View Post
                              You should have to need to do the exercise and take the little food is better for the good health and you can make yourself maintain. joestokerfitness/
                              Seriously?? I had to wait 3 weeks before I could post when I joined and these guys are throwing ads up left and right lately.

Comment

Working...
                              X