Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goal: Under 13:00 2 mile!

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
    My best Air Force PT test was 92 push ups (in 90 seconds), 82 sit ups (in 90 seconds), and a two mile run in 12:12. (When my run time was called out, I remember looking back and thinking that someones watch must be broken) I was a 23 year old pack a day smoker too. But back then, I was young and bullet proof, plus I kept myself in really good shape.

Start out by timing yourself and get down to 1.5 miles in 10 minutes (consistently). Then take a week off and shoot for 9 minutes and train till you get there. If you can get your 1.5 miles done in between 8-9 minutes or less, and stay consistent, your golden. That is how I did it but your results could vary. Also, I did not train at elevation which is much more difficult depending where you live.

Good luck.
    Air Force doesn't do 2 miles. They do 1.5.......I SMELL SOMETHING!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
      And there push ups and sit ups for one minute each....AND they do not do SIT UPS, they do crunches.
      Last edited by Chris36; December 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Good point. Reminds me of something I just said...

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
        Don't listen to any specific PT advice you get here.

Comment

I'd be lucky to do 1 mile under 13min now. Maybe if I spread it out over a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
            I'd be lucky to do 1 mile under 13min now. Maybe if I spread it out over a few days.
            Go for that 3:00 minute or less mile run!

Comment

Unless he is an Air Force TACP, in which case they do have to pass the APFT because they are assigned to Army infantry and armor units as the close air support asset.

Originally posted by LoneStarSoldier View Post
              If you're looking for more guidance, I posted up a '9 weeks of running hell' program up here not too long ago, check that out.
              That running plan was of my invention.

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
              Don't listen to any specific PT advice you get here. Seriously, unless someone is a certified trainer, all they can relate is some anecdote outlining something that they believe worked for them.

By the way, the two-mile run is stupid other than for promotion purposes. Better to work on getting your five-mile time under 35 minutes.
              I would agree for the most part. However, I have heard that for the RPFT the 5 mile run is done in formation with the first and last miles at around a 9 min per mile pace and the middle 3 closer to a 6 min pace. Therefore I would go a step further and say a good goal is to get as close to 26.00 as you can for a 4 mile run.

Comment

Working...
              X