X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question about Weight

I am a 5'10", 24 year old male, and I weigh 260lbs. I know I am a little overweight, but I don't think that I would be able to lose 70lbs to get down to the maximum weight. I work out 3-4 times a week doing mostly weights with a little cardio. I am wondering is there a body fat percentage that I could get to that may allow me to qualify to enlist? I have not talked with a recruiter yet, I am just trying to get some info before I make my decision to go through with talking to a recruiter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Quick Question about Weight

Age Group 21-27: 22% Body Fat

Comment

Given the amount of weight you're trying to lose in a short timeframe, I strongly recommend getting a professional consultation from a doctor and a dietician. My guess is that they'll tell you to do more cardio, and substitute foods in your diet (e.g., replace beef with turkey, replace ice cream with yoghurt).

Resist the allure of a fad diet. Even if it does work (which is dubious), they can have significant health risks, and don't have a good long-term track record. Oprah's fat again, which demonstrates my point.

Comment

Incorporate bike riding, fast walking, swimming, ellipticals into your routine. Give it an hour or more each workout. Put the settings on the highest resistance or lowest gear setting and see how those legs feel.

Comment

You are more than a little overweight. How often have you been doing your routine?

If you really wanted to get down over the next few months, look up programs from Jillian Michaels or Power90/P90X. They are cheap, simple and proven. I just started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and it reminds me of a 20 minute smoke session from boot camp as you constantly change exercises at an annoying rate with no break. Although a smoke session typically lasts no less than 30.
          Last edited by SteveLord; December 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I work out 3-4 times a week doing mostly weights with a little cardio. I am wondering is there a body fat percentage that I have not talked with a recruiter yet, I am just trying to get some info before I make my decision to go through with talking to a recruiter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Before reviving old threads, you should be polite and provide an introduction.

Comment

Losing weight quickly isn't wise. Its best to loose 1-2lbs a week and its more likely to stay off.
                No sugar and low carbs seems to work best for me, but the hard thing once its lost is not putting it back on. Twice I have lost 14lbs and more and twice it has gone back on. Any assistance would be appreciated !

Comment

Hello dude!!do not worried about too much because its very minor problem if you take my suggestion..i recommend to you the drink more and more water which i think is most helpul factor in the lose weight..i hope your weight is lose if you apply this suggestion on you...

Comment

Originally posted by jwald View Post
                    I am a 5'10", 24 year old male, and I weigh 260lbs. I know I am a little overweight, but I don't think that I would be able to lose 70lbs to get down to the maximum weight. I work out 3-4 times a week doing mostly weights with a little cardio. I am wondering is there a body fat percentage that I could get to that may allow me to qualify to enlist? I have not talked with a recruiter yet, I am just trying to get some info before I make my decision to go through with talking to a recruiter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                    A little advice from someone who lost 90 lbs in less than a year: (1) Run. Doesn't matter if you run 1/4 of a mile. Stop working on it now. (2) Run every other day and then walk. Walking burns more calories. I used to do 3 miles in an hours on a trendmill. Trendmills are better for walking because they help you keep a mile. (3) I suggest you take Raspberry Ketone and Green Coffee Bean supplements and drink a low calorie, low fat Whey Protein muscle supplement power. (4) You're going to need to focus on inches and weight. I'd suggest a Waist Slimmer Belt. (5) Have rest days. Not just the weekends, but one week every month/two months will help muscle growth a lot. (6) Drink ONLY water and watch calorie intake. Shoot for 1,500 or less a day. And most importantly... (6)... Stay motivated!

Good luck to you, my friend!

Comment

Well I just want to say thank you everyone for the advice. I met with a recruiter and I have to lose 2 inches from my stomach. I have also been doing more body weight lifts. So far I have dropped 10 lbs in the three weeks that I have actually been really into watching my calorie intake and working out. I am motivated more than anything, because I want to be able to give the people I love everything they deserve. Also there is no bigger motivation than people saying you can't do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X