Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question if i have tendinitis before i go to basic.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question if i have tendinitis before i go to basic.

I went to the doctor two days ago for a pain in me elbow and he told me I more than likely have tendinitis in it from doing so many push up and getting ready to go to BCT. I am leaving in four weeks and don't know if this will go away in time or if it will delay me going. As it is now i can't do a single push up without it stopping me. Any advice would be great.
    Last edited by josht; December 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM.

Re: Quick question if i have tendinitis before i go to basic.

The obvious is to stop doing pushups until you are well enough to resume PT again.

I've had discomfort before but not necessarily pain to where I couldn't perform a pushup. Of course went away with some rest. You have four weeks so give it a rest and heal up before you are broken down in BCT.

I hate to say this but remember a 150 score will allow you to continue & 180 will get you to Family Day as well as graduation. There isn't a need to get a 300 right off the bat.

My 2

Comment

Right now till you are done with basic training and AIT the minimum score for push ups is now your maximum amount that you can do.

Comment

I agree with the above posters. It's not worth further injuring yourself before you go to training. Give your body some time to heal. You'll be pushed physically when you get to BCT, so don't sweat taking a break.

Comment

Just focus on being able to do 42 push ups in two minutes and focus more on the run and the sit ups if you need to. Also add in the plank exercise to your routine.

Comment

Here is a good way to train for 40 push ups or in your case 42 push ups http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/be...40_Pushups.php

Comment

Working...
            X