X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

When a Soldier has to take the APFT are they allowed to run the two miles barefoot? This is a serious question btw.

Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

Wouldn't they be out of uniform, since you have to have socks without logos that cover the ankles and in some cases the calves as well.

Comment

Could you also run the 2 miles backwards? I'm being serious

Comment

You could bear crawl, hop, hop on one foot, do kart wheels; as long no one assists you.

Comment

I know that you can't be assisted but I just want to know in what ways are you allowed to run it. I mean hey if you are allowed to run it backwards and barefoot than hey that's great!

Comment

Running forwards is tough enough, there's no way a person can run backwards and pass.....I guess you could if you wanted to run a 60 min, 2 mile.

Comment

Honestly backwards running is MUCH better for you as opposed to front running because there is a lot less pressure on your knees, your hamstrings and Quads get worked harder, and your heart rate increases by 17% which results in more calories being burned.

Comment

I have seen Soldiers run backwards on the test for just about 20 seconds to regain their breathing and to alleviate cramping. Also, no barefoot running. Even five finger gloved sneakers are not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
                  Honestly backwards running is MUCH better for you as opposed to front running because there is a lot less pressure on your knees, your hamstrings and Quads get worked harder, and your heart rate increases by 17% which results in more calories being burned.
                  The purpose of the test is to gauge your cardio vascular fitness not burn calories. I guess when a squad attacks they should attack running backwards? Lol. Silly wabbit

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                    I have seen Soldiers run backwards on the test for just about 20 seconds to regain their breathing and to alleviate cramping. Also, no barefoot running. Even five finger gloved sneakers are not allowed.
                    Well that's fair enough at least a person can run backwards.

Comment

The purpose of the test is to gauge your cardio vascular fitness not burn calories. I guess when a squad attacks they should attack running backwards? Lol. Silly wabbit
                      Don't knock it till you try it! haha

Comment

Running in some form I can see but whats the point of sit ups than?

Comment

Core body strength......to make sure your army belly has not grown so large you cannot even sit up.....Pullups would be better in my opinion, though that's only because I like to do them.

Comment

Isn't there room for the a Commander's discretion on this? I've known Soldier's that have taken a record APFT test with these "minimalist" shoes before...

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                              Isn't there room for the a Commander's discretion on this? I've known Soldier's that have taken a record APFT test with these "minimalist" shoes before...
                              It's a recent change. Minimalist shoes are no longer authorized.

Comment

Working...
                              X