Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

    When a Soldier has to take the APFT are they allowed to run the two miles barefoot? This is a serious question btw.

  • #2
    Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

    Wouldn't they be out of uniform, since you have to have socks without logos that cover the ankles and in some cases the calves as well.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

      Could you also run the 2 miles backwards? I'm being serious

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

        You could bear crawl, hop, hop on one foot, do kart wheels; as long no one assists you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

          I know that you can't be assisted but I just want to know in what ways are you allowed to run it. I mean hey if you are allowed to run it backwards and barefoot than hey that's great!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

            Running forwards is tough enough, there's no way a person can run backwards and pass.....I guess you could if you wanted to run a 60 min, 2 mile.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

              Honestly backwards running is MUCH better for you as opposed to front running because there is a lot less pressure on your knees, your hamstrings and Quads get worked harder, and your heart rate increases by 17% which results in more calories being burned.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

                I have seen Soldiers run backwards on the test for just about 20 seconds to regain their breathing and to alleviate cramping. Also, no barefoot running. Even five finger gloved sneakers are not allowed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

                  Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
                  Honestly backwards running is MUCH better for you as opposed to front running because there is a lot less pressure on your knees, your hamstrings and Quads get worked harder, and your heart rate increases by 17% which results in more calories being burned.
                  The purpose of the test is to gauge your cardio vascular fitness not burn calories. I guess when a squad attacks they should attack running backwards? Lol. Silly wabbit

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

                    Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                    I have seen Soldiers run backwards on the test for just about 20 seconds to regain their breathing and to alleviate cramping. Also, no barefoot running. Even five finger gloved sneakers are not allowed.
                    Well that's fair enough at least a person can run backwards.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

                      Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                      The purpose of the test is to gauge your cardio vascular fitness not burn calories. I guess when a squad attacks they should attack running backwards? Lol. Silly wabbit
                      Don't knock it till you try it! haha

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

                        Running in some form I can see but whats the point of sit ups than?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

                          Core body strength......to make sure your army belly has not grown so large you cannot even sit up.....Pullups would be better in my opinion, though that's only because I like to do them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

                            Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                            I have seen Soldiers run backwards on the test for just about 20 seconds to regain their breathing and to alleviate cramping. Also, no barefoot running. Even five finger gloved sneakers are not allowed.
                            Isn't there room for the a Commander's discretion on this? I've known Soldier's that have taken a record APFT test with these "minimalist" shoes before...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Can you run the 2 miles barefoot?

                              Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                              Isn't there room for the a Commander's discretion on this? I've known Soldier's that have taken a record APFT test with these "minimalist" shoes before...
                              It's a recent change. Minimalist shoes are no longer authorized.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X