Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice for 300 apft score

Hello All,

The last apft i did on my own I did 115 pushups, 89 situps, and a 14:48 2 mile run. I am 5 foot 9 200 lbs with about 9% bodyfat (former powerlifter). I have already dropped 30 lbs of sheer bulk. My 3 main lifts bench , squat and dead have dropped quite abit as well when I switched to crossfit(no more benching over 500). I cant seem to get my run time down any farther as I have been doing a mix of running, intervals, and crossfit style workouts. I am also 26. I am prior service Marine infantry as well and have never had an issue rucking or maxing the pullups and situps, but I never maxed the 3 mile when I was in. Fastest time was 20:40 at 185 lbs.Any tips for getting down to a 13;30 run? I leave for OCS accelerated course in Jan.

Re: advice for 300 apft score

Originally posted by WI0331 View Post
    Hello All,

The last apft i did on my own I did 115 pushups, 89 situps, and a 14:48 2 mile run. I am 5 foot 9 200 lbs with about 9% bodyfat (former powerlifter). I have already dropped 30 lbs of sheer bulk. My 3 main lifts bench , squat and dead have dropped quite abit as well when I switched to crossfit(no more benching over 500). I cant seem to get my run time down any farther as I have been doing a mix of running, intervals, and crossfit style workouts. I am also 26. I am prior service Marine infantry as well and have never had an issue rucking or maxing the pullups and situps, but I never maxed the 3 mile when I was in. Fastest time was 20:40 at 185 lbs.Any tips for getting down to a 13;30 run? I leave for OCS accelerated course in Jan.
    Continue to lose bulk.

Comment

Interval training is a very useful tool. And as pointed out lose more bulk.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
        Interval training is a very useful tool. And as pointed out lose more bulk.
        Absolutely. Interval training. If you already do crossfire you understand fast twitch muscle and explosive power. Its the best way to gain speed. I ran a 12:19 at OCS at 39. All because of consistent interval training. Personally I wouldn't drop much more weight.

Comment

WI0311, I sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
          X