X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for everyone here on squats

I've started doing body weight squats and I noticed that there is a clicking sound being made when I do them. There isn't any pain and I feel just fine doing them but I was wondering if anyone else here has experianced clicking sounds when they do them? Should I be concerned about this?

Re: Question for everyone here on squats

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
    I've started doing body weight squats and I noticed that there is a clicking sound being made when I do them. There isn't any pain and I feel just fine doing them but I was wondering if anyone else here has experianced clicking sounds when they do them? Should I be concerned about this?
    Where is the click? Knee?

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
      Where is the click? Knee?
      Yes its the knee

Comment

Ratchet kind of click or a distinct pop?

Comment

Well it was just a little click but now I just did them again a few minutes ago and they made no sound at all.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
            Well it was just a little click but now I just did them again a few minutes ago and they made no sound at all.
            I am far from a medical professional, but I hear clicks now and then here and there when I work out. I monitor it and if it starts to get excessive, than I see the doc....which only happened once. My jaw started clicking a lot while eating solid food. I think it's just a normal cartilage thing that happens...but like the other poster said, rachet and repetitive sounds.....go see a doc to be sure!

Comment

You make a good point and I'm going to keep an eye on it but I think that it won't be an issue because I haven't done body weight exercises in a while and I guess it would be normal to hear them. Just for the record to anyone reading this I am not in anyway saying to avoid squats because those are honestly very good for your knee health!

Comment

Long as it doesnt hurt , your fine. If you can, take a joint supplement and make sure that when you do squats bodyweight or weighted your knees do not lean forward past your toes. Thats how you blow a knee out or tear ligaments. Also if you put say a broom handle or light pole on your back and hold onto it as if you were doing weighted squats it will help your form as well. While im not a doctor, I am a former powerlifter. Just giving ya tips that helped me when I competed.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Are there any supplements that come to mind that you can recommend? I hear you on the whole don't allow the toes to pass the knees thing. Thats something that people have argued about for years.

Comment

Working...
                  X