Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to lose the last 15-20lbs to join.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to lose the last 15-20lbs to join.

I have lost 45lbs already this year but I have hit a stand still. Needing motivation to step it up. My weight is now 161 and im 5'3". When I was taped my body fat was 34%. Im just getting frustrated because my goal is so close but yet so far away. Right now I think the only thing that will help me through this last bit is to have some one working out with me to make me push myself harder. I try to work out all the time but doing it buy myself I dont push myself as hard as when someones workingout with me. HELP PLEASE.

Re: Trying to lose the last 15-20lbs to join.

What is your age?

Comment

Im 26 as of July.

Comment

Congrats on your accomplishments so far. Have you looked at the Tony Horton style workouts? While I haven't followed them religiously, I have seen several others have good results with them.

Comment

No I havent. I tried the insanity work outs but with 4 kids in all, only time I can really do it is after they go to bed and then I wake them up in the process. I try to involve them with running and what not but its just not getting the job done.

Comment

I can appreciate your situation. As you gain fitness level, having the kids around makes it hard to do 'intense' workouts. Are you able to "get away" for a couple hours a day so you can work out?

Comment

usaly no 2 are in school so thats when I try to do the intense work out because 2 in the way is better than 4. I try to set the example for my kids but its not always easy. My husbands Army Guard as well and works 40 hours a week and is gone alot for schools/trainings. closest gym is 40 min away and closest family is a half hour. When my husbands home we mange to do a good 30-45 min intense work out but with constent interuptions. My Mind set right now is any exercise is better than none.

Comment

I have also been working with my recruter to try and find a pt buddy but its difficult being that the recruter and unit is a hour from my home.

Comment

Charles Atlas once famously said that fitness was 60% diet, and 40% workout. If you are at a plateau, consider the intake and output. Ultimately, if you reduce your intake, you'll loose weight.

Comment

I have lost 83 pounds so far and I know how difficult the last bit of weight can be. I went to MEPS last week and was also 161 lbs at 5'3" and measured at 32 % (odd isn't it). Anyway, I agree with Mongoose - track ALL of your calories. Most people are surprised at how many calories they are actually taking in when they start tracking EVERYTHING that goes into their mouth - drinks, dressings, etc. Try doing intervals - take less time but burn more calories.

Comment

Well one diet I would suggest is the Roman Army diet http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/r...oldierDiet.htm also do as much walking as you can to burn any extra calories off.

Comment

Thank you for the website. I do walk when ever posible. I never ride the elevators or escilaters and walk with my son and daughter about 1-2 miles a day if weather permits me to take them out. My sun is 2 and weighs 35lbs and I push him in the stroller down our road (holler). Our road is curvy and up and down hill.

Comment

I dropped about 40 lbs of fat over the course of a year once I decided that it was time to stop being Soccer Dad and time to start being a soldier again after a 10-yr hiatus. I started off by doing what I thought was an adequate workout of a mile or two here and there. That was an OK way to lose the first 10 lbs, but not even close to what was required to really get in shape. Also, focusing on reducing caloric intake, and specifically calories-from-fat intake, was absolutely crucial. If you work out like crazy, and then tell yourself that you've "earned" a milkshake or some french fries as a reward, well, then you just wasted that workout and have made no progress. I'd recommend that you take a long hard look at your intake to determine if you can modify it to lose an appreciable amount of calories and calories-from-fat. Generally speaking, 3500 calories = 1 lb of fat. So theoretically, being at a 500 calorie deficit every day for a week would result in burning a pound of fat without any additional exercise. Add in regular exercise to boost metabolism, and avoid "rewards", and you could very well see the weight start dropping off again.

Find your motivation to go the extra mile, the extra half hour, etc., whatever it takes to make progress towards your goal. Pay less mind to the hundreds of reasons why you can't or shouldn't work out or eat better. If you don't have a partner to push you, you'll need to find a way to push yourself. Difficult, but not impossible. It can be done, but ultimately it is up to you to make it happen. Best wishes, stay focused, stay motivated!

Comment

Thank you all so much for the encuragement. Im not trying to make excuses for myself I know im the one responcable for my efforts. My favorite thing to do exercise wise is walking/running. Runnings harder for me but I love the feeling I get when I made it to the end point. With walking I can walk for ever seems. When i do walk I try and make sure I take my son so the extra weight in a stroller helps or at least I hope It does. Im trying to take advantige of the great out doors on these worm days we have had here lately (todays 80 were I live). Im feeding my son lunch then were going for anouther 40-60 min walk. I know walking is not much but I am up moving. Oh and I only drink water no coolaid or pop and if i drink tea its chamomile tea unsweetend. Again thank you all so much.

Comment

I forgot to add in backwards walking http://walking.about.com/od/workouts...ardwalking.htm

Also train like our long distant ancestors did when they were living in caves http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fit...ve-longer.aspx

Here is another link about that http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ngth-Core.aspx

Also consider going barefoot if you can http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...r-For-You.aspx

Also stand up as much as you can http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/ma...sitting-t.html

Comment

Working...
                              X