Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Lost Secret of Running

Originally posted by Theangelofspace15 View Post
    Hi what's the best to improve my running time? I work at McDonald's so my regular food is fast food, I just start making exercise again a week ago, I'm running 2 miles in 23 min but I have to take my physical in the next 2 weeks. I was told I have to do 2 miles in 16 mins is that right? If I don't met that I failed? I gonna take 11b. What the longest time I can take to run the 2 miles? And what else's need to improve for my physical?
    It depends on your age and gender. Since you're wanting 11Bravo, I'm guessing you're male. To ship, you only have to pass the 1-1-1 (The most push-ups and sit-ups you can do in 1 minute and 1 mile run time). If you fail the 1-1-1, you won't ship and have to retake it until you pass to ship.

For the 1-1-1: Males, age 17-24 must do 13 push-ups, 17 sit-ups, and 1 mile in 8:30 or less. Beyond 24, it's lower. But I'd suggest to get at least to 17-24 standards because it'll help you in OSUT.

For the 2-2-2; You have to pass it to graduate Basic. In Basic, you'll take it 3 times (every 3 weeks. The last being the pass/fail). Here are the 2013 2-2-2 standards (You need to score 60 in EACH event: http://usarmybasic.com/army-physical...apft-standards

I'd also suggest you try to get as close to passing or exceeding the 17-24 standards before you ship to further help make OSUT easier. But don't worry, they'll get you in shape at Basic.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
      What is a good 5 mile time for a 35 year old female?
      Completion.

Comment

I'm kidding. 8 min miles would be quite "respectable".

Comment

i really hate running. but i like football and basketball.

Comment

Running is the basic and most effective way to improve health among those complicated sports.

http://www.hypnotizesomeonetips.net

Comment

The lost secret of running is garbage.

I do 95% of my cardiovascular training on the elliptical and the treadmill--40% upgrade. Still maintaining a 8 minute mile pace and my feet never touch asphault.

The other 5% is done playing tennis. Not the 'Buffy' and 'Biff' kind of tennis. I'm talking John Mcenroe/Andre Agassi level stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X