X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lost Secret of Running

For those of you who aren't very good at running, which is myself as well, here is another technique to help you out. Hope it helps

Christopher McDougall demonstrates a lost running technique from the 1800s called the 100-Up.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/2011/11...f-running.html

Re: The Lost Secret of Running

Someone ask me to do a toughmudder, I told them if it was longer than 2 miles.... I'm not doing it.

Comment

I like this link. There is so important information about running on this site. I really need this information for running because i am not a good runner. I will follow these instructions. Nice sharing.

Comment

You are very welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
          Someone ask me to do a toughmudder, I told them if it was longer than 2 miles.... I'm not doing it.
          I've always been more of a mid-distance runner (3-7 miles).

Comment

3-7 seems about right. I used to do it when I was younger. I consider mid-distance running to be 100 yards- 1.5 miles. After 1.5 you get into long distance running.

Comment

What is a good 5 mile time for a 35 year old female?

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
                I have no idea.

Comment

Start with the APFT chart. That will give you an idea of what a perfect score is for a 35 year old female. Anything better than that is golden.

Here's a link to the fitness section for reference.

Comment

Started doing this every day and it has helped my running a bit. I sit at a desk all day so this has helped get my hips strong again and everything moving smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Griffin View Post
                      Started doing this every day and it has helped my running a bit. I sit at a desk all day so this has helped get my hips strong again and everything moving smoothly.
                      You may find this helpful than http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercis...e-at-your-desk

Also be aware of the dangers of sitting http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...162508875.html

Comment

Cool I never realized I was doing things wrong. I'll definitely add this to my routine. Thanks.
                        Learning how to find a girlfriend and how to attract women
                        Last edited by cavemng; December 16th, 2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Subjective. Some people would just be happy with completion, others might try to strive for under 40 minutes. My mom probably can't run 5 miles in less then 40 minutes but she can compete a full 26.2 mile marathon in less then 5 hours. She is also older then 35 BTW.

So the question should really be what is your goal? If its with the military in mind then I would look at the APFT chart like Rycass suggested but look at the 60 percent time for the 2 mile and stretch that pace out to 5 miles. That should be your starting goal. After you have achieved that then set a new goal, maybe look at the 70 percent time for 2 miles and stretch that out.

Comment

Running is most beneficial cardio technique. It lowers body fats and improves athletic performance. It allows you to achieve your fitness goals much faster.

Comment

Hi what's the best to improve my running time? I work at McDonald's so my regular food is fast food, I just start making exercise again a week ago, I'm running 2 miles in 23 min but I have to take my physical in the next 2 weeks. I was told I have to do 2 miles in 16 mins is that right? If I don't met that I failed? I gonna take 11b. What the longest time I can take to run the 2 miles? And what else's need to improve for my physical?

Comment

Working...
                              X