X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wisdom teeth at bct

Okay, I have 8 wisdom teeth and two extra on my top. Yep, 10 extra teeth. I want to know if I should get them removed before bct or let the army do it. I fear that I will be discharged from the guard because of the condition. What is my best option?

Re: wisdom teeth at bct

The most ideal choice is to get them removed before you head out for training. It's not worth risking being held over because you had to have several teeth removed. Have you been to MEPS yet? What did they say about your teeth? Are they causing you pain?

Comment

Sharks are not eligible for enlistment at this time.

Getting them removed at basic could limit you to your barracks for a day or two. This is a guess...considering you have 8 of them. You wouldn't want this happening while any kind of mandatory training is going on.

Comment

Basic Combat Training (BCT) is a training course that transforms civilians into Soldiers. So I think you should remove them. You can also consult with other senior army person and then take decision. I hope you will get right suggestion and right option.

Comment

Originally posted by sircurlsalot View Post
          Okay, I have 8 wisdom teeth and two extra on my top. Yep, 10 extra teeth. I want to know if I should get them removed before bct or let the army do it. I fear that I will be discharged from the guard because of the condition. What is my best option?
          Holy Moly. YES, get your wisdom teeth taken out BEFORE you go to basic. Depending on where you do your BCT you could be sitting in the barracks for anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. In some cases I've known soldiers to be be sent home especially if they had a short AIT.

Comment

It isnt necessary a guarantee that they would remove them at initial training if they are not causing you any issues currently or appear that they will in the near future. Wisdom teeth dont HAVE to always come out unless there are issues. I know years ago if a Military Dentist saw them on an xray they came out, but I dont think that is always the case anymore unless there is reason to. 10 extra teeth may warrant them removing though and you dont want that down time during manditory training. Do you have the funds or insurance to have it taken care of before going?

Comment

Wisdom teeth removal is something like anywhere from $150-$300 per tooth.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                Wisdom teeth removal is something like anywhere from $150-$300 per tooth.
                I got a "quote" today from a dentist, he was asking $400 per tooth.....dang, I picked the wrong job.

Comment

Working...
                X