X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to MEPS soon...

I'll be going to MEPS in the middle of next week. I'm 20 years old, 5'10", and 208 lbs, taped at 26% body fat, and my recruiter said that's right at the max. However, all of the research I've been doing shows I need to be down to 20%... Anyone know the answer to this for sure?

Re: Going to MEPS soon...

If you are 21-27 year old male you need to be 26% or under to initially enlist, or 192 pounds or under.
    Your Recruiter is correct (not a surprize, he is looking at the same chart). You need to start getting into better shape, as being on the border isn't a great place to be.

Comment

Thank you! I was worried for a bit that my recruiter might have mixed something up. I've been dropping the weight pretty rapidly (2% body fat in the last 3 weeks) so I'm sure I'll be under by the time MEPS comes up.

Comment

How are you dropping the weight? I'm going to MEPS next week and I need to come down on my weight.

Comment

Good luck! MEPS is easy just a very long boring day.

No.Never.None

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Wynne View Post
            Thank you! I was worried for a bit that my recruiter might have mixed something up. I've been dropping the weight pretty rapidly (2% body fat in the last 3 weeks) so I'm sure I'll be under by the time MEPS comes up.
            Have you seen the fitness calculators on the National Guard website? If not, they are a great tool to see where you need to be and how you measure up. While it sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on your weight loss, maybe others could benefit from the calculators, too. Check it out: http://bit.ly/My2o6Y

Comment

The biggest thing I did to lose weight was getting more into my cardo (roughly half hour of cardio a day-usually running 1.5-3 miles) and journaling my eating habits. When you have to take note of EVERYTHING you eat, you become so much more aware of what you eat, and portion control becomes much easier. However, now, I'm doing a 2 week low-carb diet because I hear that helps with cravings.

Comment

Yes, 26% is the enlistment standard, however you will be required to be at 20% after you graduate from AIT. So just be aware that the first time they check your weight at your unit you'll need to be at 20%.

Comment

Working...
                X