Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Flight physical in two days and need anwsers or info on a embarrsing and un-timley occurance. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight physical in two days and need anwsers or info on a embarrsing and un-timley occurance.

I have a class 4 flight physical scheduled in two days and have a prolapsed hemorrhoid (I think that's the technical term). Will that disqualify me from certification??? Any info or answers are very much appreciated.

Re: Flight physical in two days and need anwsers or info on a embarrsing and un-timley occurance.

Insert a Preparation-H suppository before the physical. You should be good to go.

I would think the answer is no. Many soldiers get them from sitting down (e.g. tanks, vehicles) and as long as it is not severe or requires surgery; the condition should not matter. Take care of yourself and dont strain.

Comment

Re: Flight physical in two days and need anwsers or info on a embarrsing and un-timley occurance.

ok, that's a huge weight lifted. Thank you for the response and advice sir.

Comment

The regulation doesn't state anything specific about hemorrhoids and flight status EXCEPT for the following:

"d. History of gastrointestinal bleeding [is a disqualification]. This excludes minor bleeding from hemorrhoids or acute rectal fissure. (See
        APLs, Peptic Ulcer Disease.)"

See AR 40-501-1 for more information, but I would suspect that Cityslicker is absolutely correct on this.

Comment

Working...
        X