Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a diet plan and excersie plan can anyone give me one?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a diet plan and excersie plan can anyone give me one?

The title says it im trying to get into better shape a year before i ship can anyone help me?

Re: I need a diet plan and excersie plan can anyone give me one?

Hire a personal trainer. Go to choosemyplate.gov and use the "Super Tracker" to get on track with your eating habits. I'm sure your question will attract a variety of responses, especially because you're a female and these dudes want to impress you with their "knowledge", or lack there of. I'm a personal trainer, still in school for Exercise Science, and I'll tell you that with the amount of info given you shouldn't take anybody's advice on here, other than talk to a professional and use an FDA approved food plan like I recommended. If you want to give me some more information about your current activity level, height, age, weight, and medical history, I would be happy to give you some professional opinions about what might be best for you.

**P.S. taking fitness advice from people online with absolutely no credentials other than being fit themselves could either work really well for you, or could end up getting you hurt. Most people just end up either not getting enough exercise to receive any benefit, or get discouraged because the advice they followed was too intense. You need a personalized plan to reach your goals, and that's impossible to get with the amount of info you gave about yourself. I would recommend doing what you know you should do, talk to a professional, not random strangers on a forum!! How much is your health and safety worth to you???

-Nick
    Last edited by Hargrove.Spc.541; July 12th, 2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

By the way, Super Tracker on choosemyplate.gov is absolutely free, and it's the most sound advice you will get from the internet!

Comment

Burn more calories than what you consume..simple.as. that.

Comment

Originally posted by kwelker View Post
          Burn more calories than what you consume..simple.as. that.
          Absolutely, but do it in a healthy way, with a plan. If you're just guessing your caloric intake/output, I can guarantee that you'll struggle. Fad diets are bogus, weight loss drinks/snacks aren't enough, nor are they proven safe and effective, and generic fitness plans given by people with no formal training offer no proven benefit. Unfortunately, or perhaps it's a good thing, no one is made equal, so no diet/fitness plan can meet everyone's needs. It has to be individualized if you want to see results. Trust me. I've been interning as a personal trainer for the last year, and I hear the same thing every day, which basically boils down to someone tried a workout or diet for a couple of weeks, and they didn't miraculously lose 30 pounds in 30 days as they were promised (which is totally not safe BTW!!), so they gave up and went back to sitting around, eating whatever sounds good at the time, or they tried a fad diet, like a no-carb diet, lost 20 pounds, then started binge eating on all of their favorite snacks and gained 30 pounds in the end. Happens all of the time. I helped people lose a total of 487 pounds this last year with exercise alone. They lost a total of over 200 inches from their waists, and we got one person up out of his wheelchair, lowered a lot of peoples blood pressure, and we did it with 0 injuries. Do it the right way, it can be done!

-Nick
          Last edited by Hargrove.Spc.541; July 13th, 2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

/unsheathes banhammer.

Breanna Nicole, please ignore from the deleted on down to this. I apologize for your derailed thread, it wont happen again. Please check back and possibly tomorrow you will get some answers.

Use the search feature, also.

Comment

First thigs first. Are you trying to put on muscle? If so here is a sample of my diet. I change it up from time to time so I do not get bored but I put on 20 pounds of solid muscle in 90 days and I am 40 years old. Do you have a gym membership or access to a gym? Let me know and I will give you my exercise routine as well.

Meal 1: Pro/Carb

8 Egg Whites, 1 Scoop Of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal

50g protein / 54g carbs / 5g fat

Meal 2: Pro/Fat

Lean Ground Beef, cup swiss cheese, green veggies

55g protein / 2g carbs / 20g fat

Meal 3: Pro/Carb

Chicken Breast, 1 and a half cup Brown Rice

55g protein / 64g carbs / 3g Fat
              **Disclaimer: Meal 3 can be a pro/fat meal if you are ultra sensitive to carb intake.

Meal 4: Pro/Fat

2 Cans of Tuna, 1 Tbsp Full Fat Mayonnaise, Veggies

60g protein / 2g carbs / 13g Fat

Workout

Meal 5: PWO Nutrition

2 Scoops Whey Protein / 80g of Dextrose

40g protein / 80g carbs / 0g fat

Meal 6: PPWO

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cup Brown Rice (Measured Uncooked)

50g protein / 70g carbs / 3g fat

Meal 7: Pro/Fat

Lean Protein of your choice, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
              50g protein / 5g carbs / 18g fat

Meal 8: Before Bed

3 Scoops of Whey Protein, 1.5 Tbsp. Flax Seed Oil

60g protein / 3g carbs / 21g Fat

That turns into approximately 420 grams protein, 250 grams Carbs, and 83 grams of fat. This is roughly 3500 calories

Comment

Well I noticed you were female and now I feel kind of dumb giving you a bulking diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigershark View Post
                  Well I noticed you were female and now I feel kind of dumb giving you a bulking diet.
                  Sorry, this made me laugh! . Thanks for sharing, though. Way to motivate!

Comment

On thing I've found is that sticking to 3 good meals a day and working out are simplest and best ways to lose weight and prepare for boot camp or to improve your health! Make sure you're eating good stuff though, not crap. Snacking is not a good habit for you and if you have that habit before boot camp you will not be happy when you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by ennysmith
                      I never listen about .Thanks for giving your opinion
                      This seems like an incomplete post and I'm intrigued. What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                        This seems like an incomplete post and I'm intrigued. What do you mean?
                        Their posts are irrelevant and short - trying to get up post count??

Comment

ANYWAYS...I used this website to track calories. Also lets you set goals and tells you how many calories you need to consume/burn to lose weight. You don't necessarily have to use it forever, but it puts things in perspective so eventually you will know where you need to be in terms of food intake. It's a great motivational tool!

www.myfitnesspal.com

And yes, eat less work out more. Losing weight is actually pretty simple when you stick to that.

Comment

I don't think personal trainer is a good idea because it is quite expensive,If i can afford personal trainer i love to hire one.On the other hand lot's of sites and information are available on net and magazines.Control your diet and manage your food what you suppose to eat whole day.Exercise vary from body to body.

Comment

I switched to the Gracie Diet and started the combatives program through Gracie University. Not only has it drastically improved my fitness (in a way that's quite fun), it also means that if and when I enlist, I'll be ahead of the game in hand to hand combat training.

P.S.
                              One lesson a day, six days a week is the schedule I'd recommend for the combatives program.
                              Last edited by Larry Mahaney; September 16th, 2012, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X