X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE!! Need A Good Workout Plan

I am a 20 yr old female and I just passed my ASVAB test today and I really need to get in shape. I couldn't even run a block and not feel like I just ran a marathon, I can only do about 5 push ups, and maybe 15-20 sit ups.! I know I'm terrible.! So I'm looking for something or someone to help me with a good workout plan to help me train myself to get in shape within the next 2 1/2 months. Any suggestions no matter how much work it is I would like your help. I a willing to push myself to get to where I need to be. I am very determined to get myself in shape for the Guard. So PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: HELP PLEASE!! Need A Good Workout Plan

If you're new to the military style workouts, I would recommend starting with the fitness section of the National Guard website. There's some great videos on there on how to do a proper situp and pushup. Here's a direct link: http://bit.ly/L1Jfga

In general, the best advice I can give you for situps and pushups is to practice, practice, practice! With your run, you might try looking at the Couch 2 5K program. It's a great way to build up your runners muscles without hurting yourself in the process.

There's also some very knowledgeable members here on this forum. Be sure to check out the previous topics. You may just find what you're looking for!

Comment

hundredpushups.com

www.twohundredsitups.com

Comment

www.basictrainingguidebook.com buy it.

Comment

No need to buy a book.

Practice makes perfect. Google ways to improve your push-ups, sit-ups, and run.

I personally like 60-120s. You SPRINT for 60 seconds and then WALK for 120 seconds. Do that constantly and you WILL notice differences and those who have done them will back me up on this. I have lowered my time (back in the day) from 14:30 2-mile to a 12:30~ 2-mile. Drink plenty of water and watch what you eat before you run. Regulate your breathing. One reason why the Army sings cadence while running is to regulate breathing. I NEVER run out of breath or have trouble breathing when running in formation.

Comment

It's all about intervals. As a personal trainer and someone who has been very out of shape before, I can say that it's all about building up your threshold. Don't just do 5 push ups and call it good. Do 5, rest for a minute or 2, and do 5 more, at least 2-3 times (sets). Same as with your running and sit-ups. Over time your body will adapt, but you have to increase your reps each week, even if only by 1. Join a class! Peer support can work wonders for you. Good luck!!
            Last edited by Hargrove.Spc.541; June 25th, 2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

good luck! so are you all set with your plan already?
              i wish someone tought me how to train my belly muscles

Comment

Jogging, push ups and sit ups help improve them. Just keep doing it. Jog half a block further every three times you go out perhaps? Once you cannot do any more push ups, drop to your knees and do more. Do wide armed ones, do close armed ones. When you cannot do any more sit ups, work your abs in a different way. When you think you are done and when your body is actually done are two different things. But if you want to do more, we have been rotating P90X and Insanity every morning for our workouts. I feel they are beneficial to overall fitness.

Comment

Can anyone tell me is it good to do fast reps.

Comment

Yeah if you wont better performens.

Comment

Originally posted by GroulLightZ2 View Post
                      Can anyone tell me is it good to do fast reps.
                      The way I was taught is that fast reps aren't as useful as holding a position and then releasing. Slow and steady forces your muscle to work harder than quick bursts of movement.

Comment

Working...
                      X