Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pushup problem

I just had a quick question. Everytime I do pushups no matter what type (wide, normal, military) my arms give out before anything else, and i hardly even feel it in my chest. I do have fairly long arms so i don't know if thats the only reason or if something else is up. Any suggestions?

Re: pushup problem

It might depend what level of pus up you are doing have you tried first doing a beginners push up in a box positon

Check out Staff SGT Ken's videos on push-up, to see if you are doing them properly at

First, how many push ups can you do before this happens? If you are maxing out the pushups with 80+reps in 2 minutes and have good form and then you experience this then its a non issue. If this is happening after 30 then we can discuss what could be the problem.

I only say this because the intensity of where I feel the push up works changes for me from time to time. When I first joined 9 years ago at 17 I felt it in my tricepts and shoulders and not much in my chest. After a few years I didn't feel it at all in my arms or my chest, when I reached muscle failure it felt like everything reached the endpoint at once, but the next day my lats would be sore(weird). Now I feel a little sore in my chest the next day but nothing in my triceps, shoulders or lats. I've always maxed the push ups since I joined, so it really is a non issue for me why things change or are they way they are. If you are in this same boat then I say drive on and keep doing what you are doing.

This is too easy. Either go to a gym and and blast your biceps, deltoids and triceps there or buy a set of dumbells and do it at home.

BICEPS: Alternating curls, hammer curls, concentration curls.

DELTOIDS: Front, rear, side.

Building your traps helps balance out your upper body. Without traps your body will have that weird flat tabletop look when you build up your delts and arms.

REMEMBER: Your goal should be endurance moreso than size. Use a weight that would be more comfortable for you to perform each exercise with high reps and low to moderate weight.
          Last edited by VICEROY06; May 24th, 2012, 09:52 AM.